Chicken Wings

I've lived off of them. The different sauces give me variety, and it's totally protein (for the most part). Also, since I have restriction now, I can judge quantities better (as in wow, I'm full after 8 wings).

They also come in small pieces, and are easily chewed down even further.

I've lived off of them. The different sauces give me variety, and it's totally protein (for the most part). Also, since I have restriction now, I can judge quantities better (as in wow, I'm full after 8 wings).

Thanks WillT,

Did you have any trouble with the skin?

Cathy

Are these baked or deep fried? I do like a good wing now and again but I was never much for baked. Even at that I never could eat more that five or six. I'm just not that big a fan but two days from solids they sure sound good! hehe

I love the wings, but have some difficulty with the skin sometimes. I usually just eat the meat off of them. I can only eat 3 or 4 of them and I am full.

I just suck the sauce off of them before I take the skin off!!! One of my guilty pleasures!

Okay.. I know I am the calorie police around here, but wings are very high calorie/g of protein. You can eat them as a treat once in a while, but you cannot really eat enough of the meat to even count it as a protein. More than half the calories for each wing is fat.. not good..

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size

1 unit (yield from 1 lb ready-to-cook chicken) (29.0 g) 1 wing, bone removed (49.0 g)

One wing unit (drummie or flat)

Amount Per Serving

Calories 94

Calories from Fat 57

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 6.3g10%

Saturated Fat 1.7g8%

Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g

Monounsaturated Fat 2.6g

Cholesterol 23mg8%

Sodium 93mg4%

Total Carbohydrates 3.2g1%

Dietary Fiber 0.1g0%

Protein 5.8g (for drummie)

Vitamin A 1% • Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 1% • Iron 2%

This is without any kind of sauce on it.

Here are the values for Tyson's in the freezer dept of the store:

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 3 pieces (96.0 g)

Amount Per Serving

Calories 220

Calories from Fat 135

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 15.0g23%

Saturated Fat 3.5g18%

Polyunsaturated Fat 3.5g

Monounsaturated Fat 6.0g

Cholesterol 110mg37%

Sodium 560mg23%

Total Carbohydrates 1.0g0%

Protein 20.0g

* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Okay.. I know I am the calorie police around here, but wings are very high calorie/g of protein. You can eat them as a treat once in a while, but you cannot really eat enough of the meat to even count it as a protein. More than half the calories for each wing is fat.. not good..

Nice work, Paula!

I love chicken wings - they have the most tender meat because of the fat content. (Paula's right - its high) I generally cook the entire chicken in broth, wine, veggies, herbs and spices - I get the wings - the skin comes right off and they are yummy! Since I'm eating such a small amount and I pull of the skin it lowers the calories I don't generally worry about them. Its just nice to have a meat you can eat and not get that full feeling right away.

Thanks Paula,

You are so informed, I love it. I knew wings were fattening at 94 calories each, wow!

Ok put on the treat list only!

Cathy

I know I am often the party pooper, but sometimes I have good news, too! Like the Wendy's chili. I was a weight watcher's leader for a long while after I lost the second 100 pounds, so I am very informed. I also read everything related to weight loss/gain. (My doc says that I know more about weight loss than her, which is unfortunate, because most doctors only have one semester/rotation.. whatever.. in nutrition.) I certainly am NOT the end all and be all... I just don't want anyone to make an uninformed decision that could affect their weight loss.

Ahhh, Paula the Party Pooper!!!! Gotta squash all the joy out of life.....does my chip licking count too?

I know I am often the party pooper, but sometimes I have good news, too! Like the Wendy's chili. I was a weight watcher's leader for a long while after I lost the second 100 pounds, so I am very informed. I also read everything related to weight loss/gain. (My doc says that I know more about weight loss than her, which is unfortunate, because most doctors only have one semester/rotation.. whatever.. in nutrition.) I certainly am NOT the end all and be all... I just don't want anyone to make an uninformed decision that could affect their weight loss.

I LOVE Wendy's Chili... it's good and a great fast food meal. Of course when it's 100 degrees outside I'm like bleh... :(