Hair Loss

Hi all,

I had very bad hair loss a few months after surgery. I am now just over one year from my band date and the hair loss stopped. My main concern is will it grow back? If so, how? Is there any way to speed up the process? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Mari

Mari,

This is a sure sign you are not getting enough protein in. Natural hairloss is appx 100 per day. Not to worry, your hair will grow back as part of the natural process but you have to get your proteins back up to appropriate levels. A lot of people here also take a biotin supplement.

I take biotin every day and have since earlier this year. I was banded 3-25 and have not experienced any hair loss [any more than normal] I do make sure I get my protein, I was worried that I would loose my hair and it's fine and thin to begin with. Not sure about the growth after the fact.... maybe ask a good hair dresser.

Eat more protein for sure. I didn't know about taking the biotin so thanks for that tip. I once lost a bunch of weight when my mom died and my hair came out by the handfuls. I have alot of hair but it scared me. It seemed like months but it finally quit. I thought for sure I was going to be bald. Smaller mind you but bald!!!

Eat more protein for sure. I didn't know about taking the biotin so thanks for that tip. I once lost a bunch of weight when my mom died and my hair came out by the handfuls. I have alot of hair but it scared me. It seemed like months but it finally quit. I thought for sure I was going to be bald. Smaller mind you but bald!!!

So sorry to hear about your Mom..that's tough.

Biotin seems to be working for me and I also bought a protein powder to mix into my food.

I am on mushy foods now, so I have been eating alot of fish, which is great for protein too.

Try it Julie, it won't hurt...it also helps increase your metabolism as well.

Take care, Cathy