Do processed foods not work the band?

I know we're supposed to do things to make the band work and not expect the band to work for us... but I'm noticing that having a big meal with chicken breast is the only thing that will keep me satisified until the next meal. If I have anything at all processed, including breads, pastas, crackers, etc. I am like a bottomless starving pit. I thought the band was going to help me feel satisified on smaller portions of both processed and unprocessed foods. :( I thought even if I wanted to eat like a half a sandwich and a small cookie that would be okay. Will this someday be satisfying? I thought that the reason we have to eat protein first is because we will get full quickly. So that's why we don't start off with potato chips for a meal, haha. Is this temporary bandster hell I'm experiencing? Or is chicken breast the only meal that will satisfy me for the rest of life with the band?

I'm also not having liquid calories or carbonation. I have all the water I need a day and wait an hour after eating to drink.

I've never PB'd. One time I took a bite of a burger and I felt it tighten up as it was passing through the band. So that's the only time I've even noticed I had a band. I could eat and eat and eat at every meal and not get that full feeling.

Am I doing something wrong? :lb12:

My first fill is July 16. So hopefully that will help.

I know we're supposed to do things to make the band work and not expect the band to work for us... but I'm noticing that having a big meal with chicken breast is the only thing that will keep me satisified until the next meal. If I have anything at all processed, including breads, pastas, crackers, etc. I am like a bottomless starving pit. I thought the band was going to help me feel satisified on smaller portions of both processed and unprocessed foods. :( I thought even if I wanted to eat like a half a sandwich and a small cookie that would be okay. Will this someday be satisfying? I thought that the reason we have to eat protein first is because we will get full quickly. So that's why we don't start off with potato chips for a meal, haha. Is this temporary bandster hell I'm experiencing? Or is chicken breast the only meal that will satisfy me for the rest of life with the band?

I'm also not having liquid calories or carbonation. I have all the water I need a day and wait an hour after eating to drink.

I've never PB'd. One time I took a bite of a burger and I felt it tighten up as it was passing through the band. So that's the only time I've even noticed I had a band. I could eat and eat and eat at every meal and not get that full feeling.

Am I doing something wrong? :lb12:

My first fill is July 16. So hopefully that will help.

Everything I've read says any processed food will cheat the band. I'm not sure why that's just what it says and warns against it. I think again it's the density difference between pure protein foods and processed. Also as the fat reduces around the stoma you will be able to eat more and more like you used to. That's a sure sign it's time for a first fill as I understand it.

Anyone else?

Things will change for you when you get your first fill. Don't forget there is nothing in the band yet so there is no restriction yet. Just hang in there a little bit longer.

Hi there!!

Don't worry, you will eventually be ok, I promise!!!! You have to have a fill before you can have restriction. And unfortunately, it might take 2 fills before you feel it. That seems to be the norm. I just got my second fill and I most definitely have restriction! I am sure that I will start losing now because my bottomless pit has finally been filled - and with just a small amount of food too!! So, try not to get discouraged, I know it is very hard not to, but it will just take a little more time.