Hi -- So - I'm set for banding in TJ on July 21st... and I'm looking ahead into, now that I have this bad, how am I going to get this filled?

The closest place to me, is Minneapolis area I imagine. (I live in Ontario, right on the MN border, so it's only a 5hr drive to Minneapolis)

So I talked to a nurse today at the University of Minnesota Clinic, and says lap band fills are around $300, not including this "Upper GI" test she mentioned, which she didn't know the price of.

I asked if their clinic used fluoroscopy, and she said only if they run into difficulties.

Should I keep looking around for different clinics with better prices? What do you guys think? Is this rate about average?

Thanks!

**thinking... Hmm.. a weekend trip to Las Vegas is a lil more than that -- I should get it done there... *laugh.

HI Shannon.. I'm Anita. Congratulations on making your decision to be banded in TJ and for joining the forum. You will never regret it. I don't know much about your area, as I am from BC. I know that "Cathy" is from Ontario, you may wish to connect with her. Forum name "Kitty Cat". I am going to NorthWest Fills in Arlington, and they charge $150 for fills (not under Floro). $50 for an added fill if it's within 2 weeks of getting one. Good Luck... Anita

Hi -- So - I'm set for banding in TJ on July 21st... and I'm looking ahead into, now that I have this bad, how am I going to get this filled?

The closest place to me, is Minneapolis area I imagine. (I live in Ontario, right on the MN border, so it's only a 5hr drive to Minneapolis)

So I talked to a nurse today at the University of Minnesota Clinic, and says lap band fills are around $300, not including this "Upper GI" test she mentioned, which she didn't know the price of.

I asked if their clinic used fluoroscopy, and she said only if they run into difficulties.

Should I keep looking around for different clinics with better prices? What do you guys think? Is this rate about average?

Thanks!

**thinking... Hmm.. a weekend trip to Las Vegas is a lil more than that -- I should get it done there... *laugh.

I think it's $100.00 here without flouro?

I paid $1500 for a year's worth of fills with no fluoro.