I gave in and scheduled a fill at the Fill Center in Roswell

Some of you may remember that I scheduled my first fill at the OCC on Aug. 6. I was banded on May 8. I've really, really been struggling the last few weeks. I can eat way too much, I can stress eat now with abandon and fighting it is exhausting.

Even when I don't overeat I physically feel like I have because of the tricks my mind plays on me.

So it hit me yesterday...eating too much...gaining some weight back...ding ding ding! That's when you need a fill!!! I mean, that's one of the guidelines, right? So I filled out the form online for fillcentersusa.com and called today for an appointment.

Thank God that they could take me on July 12, one week from this Saturday. Then I'll go to the OCC on Aug 6 for my second fill. From what I get from reading the boards the first fill usually doesn't do much. I've got a VG band, so there's lots more to fill than the smaller band.

What gets me is that I went to the trouble and expense to get this tool and I'm not using it the way it should be used! I'm trying to tough it out hoping my eating will get better (like in the pre-band days) rather than listening to my body and my band and going to get a fill when I need one.

Thanks for letting me spill my guts. Y'all are the only ones I know who understand.

Jena

Some of you may remember that I scheduled my first fill at the OCC on Aug. 6. I was banded on May 8. I've really, really been struggling the last few weeks. I can eat way too much, I can stress eat now with abandon and fighting it is exhausting.

Even when I don't overeat I physically feel like I have because of the tricks my mind plays on me.

So it hit me yesterday...eating too much...gaining some weight back...ding ding ding! That's when you need a fill!!! I mean, that's one of the guidelines, right? So I filled out the form online for fillcentersusa.com and called today for an appointment.

Thank God that they could take me on July 12, one week from this Saturday. Then I'll go to the OCC on Aug 6 for my second fill. From what I get from reading the boards the first fill usually doesn't do much. I've got a VG band, so there's lots more to fill than the smaller band.

What gets me is that I went to the trouble and expense to get this tool and I'm not using it the way it should be used! I'm trying to tough it out hoping my eating will get better (like in the pre-band days) rather than listening to my body and my band and going to get a fill when I need one.

Thanks for letting me spill my guts. Y'all are the only ones I know who understand.

Jena

Holy smokes, May to August for a fill, talk about a struggle! It's good that you were able to get an appointment with your fill centre to tide you over. You'll have the advantage of having some fill before you do your flouro and you will get to see what that cc percentage looks like overall in your band. That's awesome! Congrats!

if you're going to get your first fill in Roswell, why go to the trouble to go to Tijuana for the second one? I've had great success both times I've been to Roswell, and saved hundreds of dollars in flights.

You're paying a high premium for your first Roswell visit, you won't receive the price break until subsequent visits. It's your choice of course, and I dont mean to be critical... I just wonder why?

if you're going to get your first fill in Roswell, why go to the trouble to go to Tijuana for the second one? I've had great success both times I've been to Roswell, and saved hundreds of dollars in flights.

You're paying a high premium for your first Roswell visit, you won't receive the price break until subsequent visits. It's your choice of course, and I dont mean to be critical... I just wonder why?

I waffled back and forth about where to go. In the end I decided to go to the OCC because I wanted to make sure if anything was amiss like a port flipped or whatever that I could take care of it while I was down there. For peace of minds mostly.

Also I could fly out there from Atlanta on Air Tran, do the hotel for one night, transportation and floro for just about the same price as I could have it done here. Actually I think it is a few dollars less. However, I couldn't get a cheap flight until August. I made the reservation about 4 or 5 weeks ago - before I started having difficulties with eating. I didn't see waiting until August as a problem BACK THEN. Ha! Little did I know!

So I've already got the August trip paid for so I might as well do it there.

I've also got a ticket for September and I'll go back if I need to, otherwise I'll use the ticket for something else.

There you have it!

I'll be in Roswell at 11 am on July 12. lealove fill is same day 10 minutes later.

Mine is at 1:40. If I could eat before having it done I would say let's have lunch. :) I would love to meet y'all in the flesh.

Jena

Guest cedartown

I have the pre fill instructions here somewhere but i haven't looked closely but i think it's 8 hours before with no food & only liquids for 24 hours after fills in Roswell.

Remember,Georgia is an hour ahead of us.

Good for you, what a perfect solution. A really smart compromise! I didn't have any restriction from my first fill and got quite discouraged. But, this second one is like magic. I've never eaten so little and it feels great!!

Just try to hang a little longer. Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones who has restriction from the first fill. Some people do. But if not, at least you have the second one scheduled.

I have the pre fill instructions here somewhere but i haven't looked closely but i think it's 8 hours before with no food & only liquids for 24 hours after fills in Roswell.

I'm in Atlanta. :) The email I received today with the guidelines says "have nothing by mouth 4 hours prior to your adjustment"

I don't see anything about what to do after the fill.

Jena

Good for you, what a perfect solution. A really smart compromise! I didn't have any restriction from my first fill and got quite discouraged. But, this second one is like magic. I've never eaten so little and it feels great!!

Just try to hang a little longer. Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones who has restriction from the first fill. Some people do. But if not, at least you have the second one scheduled.

I thought of you today Mona when I scheduled the appointment and how happy you said you are with your second one. I believe we both have the VG band. How many weeks did you have between fills? It will be almost 4 weeks between my two so I'm hoping that the first one will carry me over until the second one.

Jena

Guest cedartown

I thought you were the woman i talked to in chat the other night that was in Mississippi.She was thinking of coming to Roswell.

I was told no food for 8 hours before fill. No water for 4 hours before fill.

After fill, day 1 - warm liquids; day 2 - cold liquids; and day 3 - full liquids (or something close to this!)

Jena, if you've already booked OCC, and have tickets, you might consider just trying extra harder watching what you eat - there's not much time between July 12 and August 1.

Good Luck either way :)

I thought of you today Mona when I scheduled the appointment and how happy you said you are with your second one. I believe we both have the VG band. How many weeks did you have between fills? It will be almost 4 weeks between my two so I'm hoping that the first one will carry me over until the second one.

Jena

I was a month between the two. So almost 4 weeks is fine, I would say. I have a total of 5.8 cc's now and am very very happy!!Good luck to you, I hope the second oneis a charm!!!