1st Fill in Arlington

Hi All... I have alot of catching up to do. Was up in Whistler all weekend. I've missed coming on here daily, and keeping up with how everybody's doing. Hope you're all well! I went to Arlington today for my 1st fill. Robin and Kitty are very nice and very experienced. The gave me 1.4 cc and explained that because I was swollen and had good restriction up until about 1 1/2 weeks ago, that gave them the impression that I may swell easily, and they wanted to play it on the safer side. I was fine with that. I am heading down to the area this weekend, and Kitty said that if I felt that I needed a bit more, I could phone her on her cell phone or call the office on Monday morning, and she would meet me at the clinic. (Even if she wasn't scheduled to work!) She said she gets her lunch hour at 1:00 so it would have to be then. Robin then stated she wasn't doing anything Monday, and would come in as well. Wow... what service! The cost for the initial fill and measurements was $175.00. Another fill within 2 weeks is $50.00. Every fill thereafter $150.00. They did not use floro. They believe that you don't need floro unless there is good reason to suspect something is wrong. They do recommend it at the end of each year. Took 2-3 times to find the center of my port, as my port was tilted a bit. It was also very deep, and they had to bring it closer to the surface. She said if I did these small exercises 10 times a day (lay flat on my back, lift my left leg slightly and lift my head slightly, hold for a couple of seconds and release) it would strengthen the muscles in my stomach and my port would move closer to the top. Voila... that's it.. I think I can handle that. My port is located approx. 2 inches below my largest scar on the left hand side on my stomach. I was advised nothing to eat/drink for 1 1/2 hours prior to the fill, and liquids only for the next 24 hours, mushy for the next 24 hours, and then normal after. I have been able to drink no problem. Feel a little bit of tightness in my chest but everything is going down nicely. I'm anxious to see what the weekend brings. Lisa.. you are close to Arlington, and mentioned that you would like to come up and meet me. I will PM you and we can make arrangements, and if anyone is close to there and would like to meet up, that would be great! If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Anita

Thanks for sharing! That does sound like great service. :) I'm going back to OCC for the first fill, but haven't decided on fills after that first one. The prices sound very reasonable! I've been looking around at different centers/doctors that do fills and I have seen very nice things about the Arlington ladies.

Can I ask a couple questions? :) How does the fill work if they don't do fluro? Or do they just make an educated estimate and then that's why a fill within 2 weeks is only $50 to make a small adjustment? Do you happen to know how far in advance an appointment is needed for a fill in their office?

Thanks again for sharing your experience!!! :D

Sounds great and if you are having some discomfort in the chest area, that means you have restriction. YEAH FOR YOU!!!!

Is that Arlington Virginia? I am asking because after 3 trips to Mexico this year, I can't go back for fills anymore. I am looking for somewhere less expensive but within driving distance. I am in Eastern Pa but I don't mind driving. I just don't want to pay $500 some for a first visit. I've spent so much already this year.

Are you going to meet us on the 5th at Mukilteo for lunch?

Thanks everyone... I just drank a protein shake, and am back to the "sipping" and swallowing little bits of a time. My chest is still tight this morning. Y.Mommy... I booked only a week in advance, but when I was there yesterday, there was nobody there when I came or left. You could probably get an appt. with little notice. Without the floro was totally fine. They had me drink water after to make sure that it went down smoothly. They believe the floro is good to check to make sure that your band and port are in the correct position so they will work. They say only once a year is enough. I believe there are several reasons for the $50 charge within two weeks. They choose to be safe, rather than have you have to come back for an unfill. Everybody is different, and especially for women, certain times of the month will affect the band. They chose the 1.4cc for me based on my having restriction up until 1 1/2 weeks ago. A few of the bandsters on here have to go back for another fill 2-3 weeks after so this must be common. I hope this helps.. Anita And I will be there at 12:00 on the 5th.. you betcha! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hopefully I'm not crossing the line by posting this here but. ..

The Arlington ladies are looking to add a testimonial section to their website. If anyone wants to add theirs go ahead and pm it to me and I'll pass it along for consideration.