IS THE LAPBAND ALSO HOOKED UP TO MY HEART!!

I WAS BANDED ON 5/23/08. EVERYTHING HAS BEEN GREAT, WEIGHT IS COMING OFF AND I WAS FEELING WONDERFUL UNTIL ABOUT A WEEK AGO. I FEEL GREAT DOING THE DAY, NO PROBLEM BUT RECENTLY AT NIGHT I GET CHEST DISCOMFORT LIKE SOMETHING IS PRESSING DOWN ON MY HEART....LIKE A BUBBLE FEELING. I USUALLY GET UP AND USE THE RESTROOM AND GO LAY BACK DOWN AND GO TO SLEEP. THOUGHT IT WAS GAS EVEN THO I DIDN'T HAVE GAS PROBLEMS AFTER SURGERY. BUT ONE NIGHT I TOOK THE GAS-X AND WAS ABLE TO SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT. NEXT NIGHT TOOK GAS-X BUT WAS STILL AWAKENED BY THE CHEST PAIN. IT DOESN'T LAST LAST LONG JUST WALK TO POTTY AND GO BACK TO BED AND IT STOPS BUT WHEN IT DO AWAKE ME I CAN'T JUST KEEP LAYING DOWN FOR IT TO GO AWAY, I HAVE TO GET UP. COULD THIS BE JUST GAS OR SOMETHING ELSE. AND WHY WHEN PEOPLE SAY THEY SLIME THAT THEIR CHEST HURT SO BAD? I PORT TUBING IN CONNECTION WITH HEART? ANY ANSWERS OR HELP WOULD GREAT!! :(:(

LENA23

I WAS BANDED ON 5/23/08. EVERYTHING HAS BEEN GREAT, WEIGHT IS COMING OFF AND I WAS FEELING WONDERFUL UNTIL ABOUT A WEEK AGO. I FEEL GREAT DOING THE DAY, NO PROBLEM BUT RECENTLY AT NIGHT I GET CHEST DISCOMFORT LIKE SOMETHING IS PRESSING DOWN ON MY HEART....LIKE A BUBBLE FEELING. I USUALLY GET UP AND USE THE RESTROOM AND GO LAY BACK DOWN AND GO TO SLEEP. THOUGHT IT WAS GAS EVEN THO I DIDN'T HAVE GAS PROBLEMS AFTER SURGERY. BUT ONE NIGHT I TOOK THE GAS-X AND WAS ABLE TO SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT. NEXT NIGHT TOOK GAS-X BUT WAS STILL AWAKENED BY THE CHEST PAIN. IT DOESN'T LAST LAST LONG JUST WALK TO POTTY AND GO BACK TO BED AND IT STOPS BUT WHEN IT DO AWAKE ME I CAN'T JUST KEEP LAYING DOWN FOR IT TO GO AWAY, I HAVE TO GET UP. COULD THIS BE JUST GAS OR SOMETHING ELSE. AND WHY WHEN PEOPLE SAY THEY SLIME THAT THEIR CHEST HURT SO BAD? I PORT TUBING IN CONNECTION WITH HEART? ANY ANSWERS OR HELP WOULD GREAT!! :(:(

LENA23

THats a little weird that it came on after you have been fine for a month. I'd say a call to the clinic might be in order, just to be on the safe side.

How are you feeling today Lena, any better?

Thanks everyone!! :rolleyes: I'm going to try the Prilosec and call the OCC!!

Lena23

I started with the gas pains again this week too...I am almost a month banded now...and the gas pain subsided about 3-4 days after surgery, but lately it's come back. I had wicked pain yesterday in my back. For me I think it's eating more substantial foods, not so much creamy foods. So when I hit the solids next week I wonder what it will be like???

Feel better soon!!!

Cathy ><'