This is what's going on with me

Hi all!

I've been out of the loop for the last few months - my laptop was freaking out -

Anyhow - I'm struggeling and I think I'm in need of some inspiration and guidance.

Here's what's going on -

I was banded on 2/15/08. The first 3 months were going great - I lost 30lbs post op, and was feeling great. I've gotten a few fills, with one unfil. Currently I've got about 1.4cc in my band. I think I've only lost a few lbs in the 6 weeks. I'm stuggeling with eating. I was thowing up a lot for a few weeks - I could not even drink a protien shake in the morning. I don't really ever feel full, but I am still trying to be mindful of what I'm eating. Yes, I sure could eat better, but compared to what I was eating, I'm eating really well.

I think I may need another fill, but am uncertain of since I had been thowing up so much. Of course now I wonder if my band has slipped, etc.

I am eager to get this resolved so I can get back to loosing the weight.

I've been getting my fills locally, and now wonder if I should fly back to Dr. Ortiz and ahve him just double check everything - make sure it's all good and in place.

I've spent a lot of time thinking lately, and I'm not totally at the point where I feel like I'm failing, but I'm close. I fear once I get to that point I will thow in the towel and give up.

I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

Finally - if there is anyone out there in the Seattle area that would like to get together and inspire each other, please let me know. I'd Love that!

Much Peace and Luck to you all,

Maggie

Sorry to hear that you are struggling.

I see that you are in WA too. I've been looking into the Arlington fills. Anyway, you mentioned wanting to do fluro and the Arlington ladies have fluroscopy day on July 18th. Check it out. :)http://www.northwestfills.com/events.php Just thought I would share that info... great timing, I had just found it. :D And it *may* be cheaper than going to OCC when travel is figured in.

I'm having my first fill back at OCC on July 16th... but fills after that I'm pretty sure right now I will be going with the NW Fill Center. Maybe sometime we'll run into each other!

Oh, and the other NW bandsters are getting together sometime this weekend. I don't know the details just because I knew I wouldn't be able to make it due to family obligations, but sure sounded like a fun time to meet others with similar experiences in the flesh.

Thanks for your email -

I do go to the ladies in Arlington - I love them.

I jsut think I would like Dr. Ortiz to check out band placement, etc. It would be cheaper to stay here and go local, but I think I'd really like the Dr. to take a look - I'm sure they ladies at Arlington would be great for the Floro - it's my sixth sense that tells me if something has slipped, I'll be in the comfort of Dr. Ortiz' office :-)

I'd love to know abotu the group meeting local.

I know there's one that meets in Pt. Orchard or somethign, but that's a few hours from my house - I am hoping to meet some bandsters a bit closer - espcially with gas prices :-)

Peac,e

M

I understand what you mean about having Dr. Ortiz checking it out. That peace of mind is priceless. :)

Here's the link to their discussion about the meet:

http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?show...l=bandster+meet

Closer to the end posts you see when and where they are meeting on July 5th. Hope you can make it, that would be fun!

Hey Maggie,

You sound like your band is too tight and you're not eating enough. (Since you're having a hard time with the shake in the morning and throwing up) When we don’t eat enough our body goes into a mode where it stores fat and we don’t loose, we then have less energy and aren’t moving enough so aren’t burning the calories to get us out of this platue. Its frustrating.

I just went to Olympia and had some fill removed as I go into maintenance and since this is done under flouro they can see your pouch. I’m surprised since I’m eating more that I’ve continued to loose some weight. But again its my body going through a change.

Also, I'd be happy to meet up with you, I'm heading out to Bellevue square tomorrow. Let me know if you're nearby, and if that's an option. Also going to the OCC is a good call for your piece of mind; but you also might just call for a consultation, I would not recommend a fill until you know what’s going on. Remember when we stress our bands tightened – I’ve thought I had a slip before and man did I ever get tight – its was due to me stressing about the slip!! (I was fine after all)

Take care, and let me know if you can meet up, if Bellevue isn’t an option I’m in Snoqualmie and I’m sure we can figure something out.

Best,

Lisa

Hey Lisa,

I just sent you an email -

I can totally meet you at Bellesquare. I'll have one of my kids with me - maybe we can take him to the boat upstairs and he can play while we talk?

Check your messages - and let me know.

Peace,

Maggie

Hi all!

I've been out of the loop for the last few months - my laptop was freaking out -

Anyhow - I'm struggeling and I think I'm in need of some inspiration and guidance.

Here's what's going on -

I was banded on 2/15/08. The first 3 months were going great - I lost 30lbs post op, and was feeling great. I've gotten a few fills, with one unfil. Currently I've got about 1.4cc in my band. I think I've only lost a few lbs in the 6 weeks. I'm stuggeling with eating. I was thowing up a lot for a few weeks - I could not even drink a protien shake in the morning. I don't really ever feel full, but I am still trying to be mindful of what I'm eating. Yes, I sure could eat better, but compared to what I was eating, I'm eating really well.

I think I may need another fill, but am uncertain of since I had been thowing up so much. Of course now I wonder if my band has slipped, etc.

I am eager to get this resolved so I can get back to loosing the weight.

I've been getting my fills locally, and now wonder if I should fly back to Dr. Ortiz and ahve him just double check everything - make sure it's all good and in place.

I've spent a lot of time thinking lately, and I'm not totally at the point where I feel like I'm failing, but I'm close. I fear once I get to that point I will thow in the towel and give up.

I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

Finally - if there is anyone out there in the Seattle area that would like to get together and inspire each other, please let me know. I'd Love that!

Much Peace and Luck to you all,

Maggie

Hi Maggie - I've talked with you a couple times before. I have lost 2 pounds since 6/6/08, kinda depressing really considering I lost 35 pounds in the two month prior. I throw up about every 3 or 4 days. I thought it was only due to PMSing, but I'm not PMSing for an entire month. I talked to a consultant at Dr. Neal's office in Lacey, and they want me to go 7 days PB free before I get a second fill. Ha! I've had to cancel 5 times so far! It's very frustrating. I'm not sure what's going on. I am happy I lost 2 pounds this week, but not sure why. Who knows. Dr. Neal's office does use the barium and the fluoro if you'd like to give them at try for $375. I went to OCC for my first fill, but now I can't beat 375 with airfare, hotel, etc. Hopefully I'll be able to stay PB free so I can go in next week.

Wagal organized a meet and greet on 7/5 up north of Seattle. If you want to drive up, you're welcome to ride up with me. I live off I-5 in Lacey. I've offered one other bandster from Hoquium a ride up too. If not, I'd be happy to meet with you sometime as I've always wanted to get down to Portland and ride my bike - you guys have great trails down there! Send me an email.

And hang in there - you're not alone. Thanks for sharing your story!

Hey Cali,

THanks for your post!

I'm trying to get in to see Dr. Ortiz this weekend. I'm sure it's a huge peice of mind thing - I am hoping everything is fine, but would feel much more comfortable knowing I was there in case things were not fine and my band had slipped or something. I'd be a wreck if I had to then fly out to see him, ya know.

It sounds like we are going through the same thing. I'm sure there is an explanation and I'm looking to Dr. Ortiz to explain and settle me a bit. That is worth the money it costs to fly down there.

I'd lvoe to meet! On a side note - I'm in Newcastle, WA - not OR. I live between Bellevue and Renton :-)

Let me know if you are free early in the week - I work Mon/Tues/Wed - but my schedule is super flexible (I work for myself - massage therapist) Mornings are usually better - most clients I have are in the afternoon.

Talk to you soon.

Peace,

Maggie

I just booked a trip to see Dr. Ortiz for tomorrow morning!

I'm hoping everythign is going to be smooth - and that my band has not slipped.

I'm super excited to have him talk with me and ease my concerns.

OH, also get my teeth cleaned and whitened :-)

I just booked a trip to see Dr. Ortiz for tomorrow morning!

I'm hoping everythign is going to be smooth - and that my band has not slipped.

I'm super excited to have him talk with me and ease my concerns.

OH, also get my teeth cleaned and whitened :-)

So glad that you're going back to see Dr. O, he'll get you through this!! =D>

Please post and let us know how you're doing, Best wishes, Darlene

Great! Please let me know what he says - maybe it will apply to me too :)

I just threw up again today! It's getting old I tell you :rolleyes:

Sorry about the location - for some reason I thought you were in Portland. I like Newcastle too - graduated from Juanita H.S. in Kirkland, so know that area pretty well - at least I used to.

Have a safe flight and let me know!

Give Dr. Ortiz a big hug for me!!!

Cat

I'm back!

While I'm still not sure why I was thowing up, but I'm happy to say everything with my port and band looks good.

I got a fill while I was there. I'm hoping it's a good fill. I know sometimes if takes a while for the fill to settle in. I've eaten a bit less, more soft things over the last few days, and will go back to regular food in a day or two. I just want to make sure everything is good and settled before I eat more solid foods.

I did learn that while eating your protien first is best, not all protien is good first. We are big tofu eaters at our home, and I was told if I want to eat tofu, I need to eat another protien first - have it act as the first layer, so to speak, and then eat some of my beloved tofu. The tofu doesn't hold in the belly, and you won't feel full. Same goes for other protiens like beans, ground meats, etc.

While I was there I also got the Zoom teeth whitening! Love it! :-)

I hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks for all your words and support.

Much Peace,

Maggie

I'm back!

While I'm still not sure why I was thowing up, but I'm happy to say everything with my port and band looks good.

I got a fill while I was there. I'm hoping it's a good fill. I know sometimes if takes a while for the fill to settle in. I've eaten a bit less, more soft things over the last few days, and will go back to regular food in a day or two. I just want to make sure everything is good and settled before I eat more solid foods.

I did learn that while eating your protien first is best, not all protien is good first. We are big tofu eaters at our home, and I was told if I want to eat tofu, I need to eat another protien first - have it act as the first layer, so to speak, and then eat some of my beloved tofu. The tofu doesn't hold in the belly, and you won't feel full. Same goes for other protiens like beans, ground meats, etc.

While I was there I also got the Zoom teeth whitening! Love it! :-)

I hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks for all your words and support.

Much Peace,

Maggie

Glad you are ok and no serious harm has been done.

Maggie,

The Port Orchard band group meets on Wednesday, July 16th. It starts at 6 and goes for about an hour or so. I don't know where you live, but I live about 1/2 hour from Port Orchard and would be glad to meet with you for the day if you want to make a day of it. Glad everything is going well with your fill so far. I am having my fill done in Port Orchard.

Donna