FATTY LIVER

does anyone have any good ideas on how to fix this and if it will effect my weight loss, or how i am feeling, what to take for it.

my surgry report said i had a fatty liver and a thick omentum

does anyone have experience with this?

Barb

does anyone have any good ideas on how to fix this and if it will effect my weight loss, or how i am feeling, what to take for it.

my surgry report said i had a fatty liver and a thick omentum

does anyone have experience with this?

Barb

Sorry, my only experience with fatty liver disease is with cats. It happens to an overweight cat, when they stop eating for over 2 days. It becomes a medical emergency for them. It turned into liver failure for my one cat and took 3 years to cure. (DO NOT PANIC, this is not happening to you!!!!) I forget exactly how it works, but it is from not eating and being overwight. I am not sure if this even happens in humans. It is just how a feline body reacts to not eating and being fat. This would not happen to a skinny cat.

See if you can do a search on google for this. I would think if it were a problem, then Dr. Ortiz would have had a discussion with you about it, so I don't think I'd worry.

I went back and looked at my report and it said almost the same thing, fatty liver and abondant omentum. But the report also said there was no complications. So I guess its ok if not the would have said something to us.

I went back and looked at my report and it said almost the same thing, fatty liver and abondant omentum. But the report also said there was no complications. So I guess its ok if not the would have said something to us.

Fatty liver is just what it says, lots of fat throughout the liver. The "omentum" is a word used in medical terminology to describe the area of the abdomen he is cutting through. In other words the layers of fat between the skin and the organs. Hope this helps. It's the reality of being overweight. The liver should slowly return to normal as you lose your weight, as well as the omentum decreasing in thickness as your fat goes away. Don't worry about it, just technical stuff. :girl_hospital:

... same here ....