Pre-op protein shake options?

I won't be able to get the suggested FIT365 drink before I am banded. Is there an alternative protein shake that I can use? Or a calorie content and fat/protien/carb ratio I should look for? Thanks!

I have been using EAS Advant Edge Carb Control Ready to Drink, drinks they have 15g of Protein, 100 Calories and 1g Impact Carbs. They taste pretty good as well. So far I have dropped 7lbs. I ordered mine online, but I know that you can buy them in the stores.

Hope this helps.

I won't be able to get the suggested FIT365 drink before I am banded. Is there an alternative protein shake that I can use? Or a calorie content and fat/protien/carb ratio I should look for? Thanks!

Hello,

I went online to the FIT365 site and looked up information. For the individual bottles the info is as follows: the fat/protien/carb ratio. Calories are 160/ fat 3g/ carbohydrate 10 g; dietary fiber 4 g; sugars 2 g/ protien 21 g/ sodium 190 grams.

I am going to the health food store to find somthing that is equivilent to this. I did pick up the protien powder which is high in protien, but low in carbs. I figure I can add some fozen berries to add the carbs.

By the way when is your surgery scheduled for. I leave tomarrow morning and I am schedule for surgery on Wednesday.

Beth

By the way when is your surgery scheduled for. I leave tomarrow morning and I am schedule for surgery on Wednesday.

Beth

My sugery is next Thursday, so I thought I'd start the pre-op Wednesday. Should I start sooner? I'm already anticipating how hungry/cranky/whiney I will be with nothing but salad and protein shakes.

I am currently on the protein shakes/salad pre-op diet. I have found the Slim Fast Optima's to be pretty good--but the best tasting is Unjury!!! I don't really like vanilla anything---but the vanilla shake I had from them was FANTASTIC!! It also has 20g of protein and the Slim Fast's only have 10g. I am using more of the Slim Fast because it is cheaper and easier to get--Gotta love Wal-Mart!! :P

As to being hungry---I really am not all that hungry! :blink: I thought I'd be eating my left arm by now--but being able to eat the salads really helps!!! I also think you have to have the mind set as well--I keep thinking about popping a couple of chips, or just taking ONE small bit of something won't hurt--but it will! I know myself well enough that just one of anything is never enough!! ;)

Hope this helps even a little bit--

Good luck to you!!!!

You can get it at www.unjury.com. I got a couple of each flavors of the trial packs to make sure I liked them. I haven't tried the unflavored yet--but I figure I'll be using that after the band. The chocolate was good--I thought it tasted just like Slim Fast--but the vanilla was really good! (WAY WAY WAY better than Slim Fast!) Good Luck--let me know if you like it too! :)