Chat room now requires registration?

Guest cedartown

Guest cedartown

For those of you who don't want to waste hours getting more spam mail just go to the chat room & make up any fake weird address such as

fatty@mailinator.com (all must end in @mailinator.com

Log on to

mailinator type fatty in & poof,there is your password..No registry needed & no spam in your regular email

For those of you who don't want to waste hours getting more spam mail just go to the chat room & make up any fake weird address such as

fatty@mailinator.com (all must end in @mailinator.com

Log on to

mailinator type fatty in & poof,there is your password..No registry needed & no spam in your regular email

Okay, I would never have thought of that. Great idea, Cedar

Bet they only let you come on for so many times without registering.

Cedar & everyone,

Anytime you want to start a chat with your fellow OCCers, use gabbly.

Just type in www.gabbly.com/<any web site> and the web page will open with a gabbly chat box! Just invite whoever you want and give them the url. You could PM or message anyone on the board with the url. No login, so register, no nuthin.

You may want to change your name when you come in so people will know who you are.

For example, you can start a gabbly chat by using www.gabbly.com/lapbandforum.com

Give it a try!

Jena

Lori~

Does this message board have the option to turn on chat? The one I own does so I thought this one may too. That would make it very easy for us to chat.

Since there was no chat feature activiated on the forum, a few members of the forum started using a free chat site, i.e. Chatzy. It is free, and open to anyone who knows the address and the password. It is not sponsored by the OCC but is used by members of this forum to discuss band and non-band issues. For more information, please see GROUP CHAT thread that is pinned on the forum.

The chat room is mostly used in the evenings and sometimes during lunch hours. However, I've seen activity in the chat room at times other than those. Some members post topics like: "Care to join me in chat?" and usually someone pops in for a few minutes. We have experienced, successful banders using chat, as well as those scheduled to be banded.

The address and password are posted on the forum in several places. Chat is always open to anybody wishing to use it. No one has been banned. No need to register an email. Not sure where the registering an email came in, but you are not required to do that. Must have been a glitch. I tested it today and no email was required. I do want to say that I had to register an email address when I first used Chatzy and I have never received any SPAM. So, in the event, Chatzy does require users to register an email, it shouldn't be a problem for any one. We're among friends here and doubt that any of us are trying to hide our "online" identity.

Obviously, because it is a public chat room, if you wish to have a private conversation with someone, you might consider using another service.

If there is a way to do as Kimmie asked, open chat on this forum, I think that would be a wonderful thing to happen and I would utilize that feature.

Until then, Chatzy is open to all.

Since there was no chat feature activiated on the forum, a few members of the forum started using a free chat site, i.e. Chatzy. It is free, and open to anyone who knows the address and the password. It is not sponsored by the OCC but is used by members of this forum to discuss band and non-band issues. For more information, please see GROUP CHAT thread that is pinned on the forum.

The chat room is mostly used in the evenings and sometimes during lunch hours. However, I've seen activity in the chat room at times other than those. Some members post topics like: "Care to join me in chat?" and usually someone pops in for a few minutes. We have experienced, successful banders using chat, as well as those scheduled to be banded.

The address and password are posted on the forum in several places. Chat is always open to anybody wishing to use it. No one has been banned. No need to register an email. Not sure where the registering an email came in, but you are not required to do that. Must have been a glitch. I tested it today and no email was required. I do want to say that I had to register an email address when I first used Chatzy and I have never received any SPAM. So, in the event, Chatzy does require users to register an email, it shouldn't be a problem for any one. We're among friends here and doubt that any of us are trying to hide our "online" identity.

Obviously, because it is a public chat room, if you wish to have a private conversation with someone, you might consider using another service.

If there is a way to do as Kimmie asked, open chat on this forum, I think that would be a wonderful thing to happen and I would utilize that feature.

Until then, Chatzy is open to all.

Bandgroupie, I just tried getting into chat using the link you gave in the pinned forum. Just FYI.

Jena

Okay I just logged into Chatzy and received a message regarding a recent update on Chatzy. Now maybe we can understand why there was a glitch or two. I doublechecked and anyone can enter who knows the address.

So, try again Jena ;)

As posted earlier, chat is free and available to anyone who knows the address and the password. Refer to pinned topic GROUP CHATS MONDAY NIGHTS.

See you there.