Shopping experience

I went to the mall yesterday. I usually only go once or twice a year (I hate the mall). Well walking down the mall I was looking in windows and passing all the clothing stores "thinking" that I can't shop there, and I go into Lane Bryant store because I am on auto pilot......well the clothes just don't fit anymore. I look at clothes on the rack and I know what size I am into, but I don't believe that I can fit into these little things. I walk past the mirrors and wonder who is that person, it sure isn't me, that person is much too small to be me. I dont' know how I feel about this yet, it is still so new to me. I went and bought regular panties and bras at Victoria's Secret, a store I was always embarassed to go into because I knew that they didn't sell anything that would ever fit my fat body. I was afraid of the skinny young things that work there that they would judge me. I know I am not alone in these feelings and that a lot of you are going through the same thing that I am. I am still seeing the shy fat girl and not the healthy vibrant woman that I am becoming.

You should be very proud of yourself! I know that a little confidence is lurking for me around the corner because I'm not shying away from doing things away from the house anymore. I can't wait to shop.... when I feel more comfortable.

:lb24: And have fun!! ><'

I know I will feel the same way....I have been heavy all of my life and wouldn't even know how to shop anymore. I usually don't try anything on, I just get 3x top and 26W pants, that was my size for so long. I ordered this gorgeous top on line a week ago and silly me ordered a 3x again and it came in today and it's way too big...has to go back or be belted. I am swearing off shopping until I have nothing left that fits...then I am going to have start trying stuff on, or I will be wasting money!

Enjoy the shopping is your reward for doing so well with your weight loss!!!

Cathy ><'

If you've ever seen the Shallow Hal movie, you know its about a guy that gets hypnotized and only sees the inner beauty of women and falls in love with a very big girl seeing her only as a beautiful thin woman. (Great movie)

I still see myself as the big girl and do what you describe - glance at the mirror and see this thin person and don't recognize who it is. I feel like I’m in the Shallow Hal movie, but I can still only see myself as being a big person, but others see a thin one. I don’t think this ever goes away – and I’m OK if it doesn’t. we big girls are very consciences’ of the feelings of others and I don’t ever want to loose that.

Congrats, its a great feeling - but it is a strange one - I do find myself lurking in Lane B - I like a lot of the clothes still!!