Did you wait for the 1st fill

I contacted Carolyn, my patient care coordinator, and she told me my earliest date for a fill, and I found out times that the fill center was available and went at the EARLIEST date. I'm glad I did it early... I wanted the process to begin quickly. I noticed immediate restriction, and sceduled the second fill when i felt that the restriction was lessening (I dont know if that is a correct statement - it was lessening - but that's what it FELT like).

Thanks WillT! The group that I had surgery with wants to wait until August 17th to have our first fills....... I'm thinking about just going without them earlier, not sure I want to wait that long. I feel the same I want to get the process moving and waiting 8 weeks when I could have it around 6 is just plain torture to me. I'm just curious if anyone was able to make it the full 8 weeks without suffering! LOL!

I had my fill at 7 weeks for scheduling reasons. I would get it as soon as you can. I don't know about you, but I was eating everything in sight by this time and really needed the restriction.

Mine just happen to be at the exact 8 week mark after my surgery, but that was just because I had to do my first fill appointment on my day off. I will let you know how it turns out. I still had some restriction sometimes, which was weird, but needed a fill. I got a 2 cc fill yesterday!

I am so glad that somone brought this up. I can relate to wanting to get filled ASAP. I will be at the six week post op on the 18th and have an appointment for the 22nd. I am so hungry that it is making feel like a bad person. I don't just want to eat, I want to stuff. I lost a total of 25 pounds since the week before surgery and I feel that my body wants that back and is nagging me to eat. Has anyone every gotten a fill before the six weeks? I could use one now. I feel so week and guilty about the food. I am in such a bad place mentally aoubt this. Sour Puss.

I had my fill at 7 weeks for scheduling reasons. I would get it as soon as you can. I don't know about you, but I was eating everything in sight by this time and really needed the restriction.

EXACTLY the experience I'm having lynzz. I had mine done on May 8 and at first it was all easy sailing. I scheduled my first fill on Aug. 6 at the OCC because I wanted them to do my first one and it was the first date I could get a cheap ticket. However, a couple of weeks ago I noticed I was eating more and I had no restriction. So, I went ahead and scheduled my first fill here in Atlanta for next Saturday and I'll have my second fill at the OCC.

So, I say go as soon as you can at the 6 week mark!

Jena

Hey Erin,

I was told that I needed to wait six weeks after surgery for my first fill. And, that's what I did. Six weeks! If given the opportunity to do it earlier, I wouldn't. If forced to do it after six weeks, I'd be really disappointed.

i have my first fill scheduled for exactly 7 weeks post op. i just started solids on the 3rd and i'm feeling no restriction which means i have to battle my inner voice saying "get seconds, i'm still hungry!". But i think this is a good preperation time to really test your resolve to eat less, and try to make healthier choices. We'll see if i'm singing a different tune in a couple more weeks :rolleyes:

Did anyone wait until the very end of the 6-8 weeks to get there first fill? If so did you regret it?

I waited exactly 6 wks. In fact, I just got back from OCC yesterday and am still on liquids until tomorrow.

Audrey

I can not wait to get my first fill. I will lhave to wait until about 7 weeks due to shedule. But I am wishing I could do it earlier. I can not wait to feel restriction. Dawn

Erin...I actually had my first fill scheduled before I even got banded (am I anal or what?) Actually I was afraid that the local doc I am using for them would stop taking new patients and wanted to be on the list. It is RIGHT at the six week mark, July 31st. Hopefully I don't freak out over the huge needle.

Still being on liquids, I don't feel like I have much limiting my amounts, so I am glad I scheduled when I did. Solids are starting to call to me. I keep shutting them up, but I am hoping that being allowed to CHEW will satisfy me once we start solids.

(How is everyone else from our date doing? They don't post)

I guess im the odd one out. I had my surgery on June 10th and I scheduled my 1st fill till August 12th at the OCC. The doctors told me that it was best so that I could test the band and know the real feeling of restriction. I do have restriction now because the band tells me that im full and I stop. I dont want these PB's. I eat my 3 meals a day I have my water thru out the day. I make sure im at 1200 calories and im never hungry. Im really glad about that part. For me to stop at three pieces of anything is a miracle, even my husband is immpressed with this band. :lol:

Erin...I actually had my first fill scheduled before I even got banded (am I anal or what?) Actually I was afraid that the local doc I am using for them would stop taking new patients and wanted to be on the list. It is RIGHT at the six week mark, July 31st. Hopefully I don't freak out over the huge needle.

Still being on liquids, I don't feel like I have much limiting my amounts, so I am glad I scheduled when I did. Solids are starting to call to me. I keep shutting them up, but I am hoping that being allowed to CHEW will satisfy me once we start solids.

I'm trying to get everyone to settle in around week 7 as a compromise...Worse case scenerio I'll just go without them. How are you feeling Elaine? Better I hope. Everyone is doing good! All hanging in there until Thursday when we get to eat real food!

when i had both fills, my technician told me the pouch swells with the fill, and needs a couple of days for the swelling to go down. We were on liquids for a couple of days afterwards. I ate soups for a couple of days both times, and needed to. It is the SMART thing to do to get used to the restriction and how it feels. EAT VERY SLOWLY right afterwards. It is a completely different feel.

Hey Elaine...how are the newlyweds? I hope you are doing well!

I waited 6-7 weeks to get my first fill. I really needed one too! I couldn't tell much restriction about my first fill either.

I'm trying to get everyone to settle in around week 7 as a compromise...Worse case scenerio I'll just go without them. How are you feeling Elaine? Better I hope. Everyone is doing good! All hanging in there until Thursday when we get to eat real food!

Food? Whats that?

LOL... I went to dinner last night with my parents... I sat there and watched them eat cheese burgers with fries...every time they took a bite juice fell from the burger and hit the plate. I HATED them!! My Dad kept saying...this is the WORSE burger I have ever had...ur not missing a thing! I was like...thanks Dad but ur lying about the taste of it isn't helping...it was a good try tho!

5 more days to solids!