Stretching Your Pouch

Kittycat

I had my surgery on June 10th and still have restriction from the surgery.

When I eat, which is very little, I stop as soon as I feel full. Sometimes the fullness feeling increases to discomfort (like after eating a huge turkey dinner).

I can't imagine that my pouch is stretching, because I really don't eat that much, but I am concerned about the increased feeling of being really really full. I also feel this way when I have been drinking alot of water.

Does anyone with restriction feel this?

Thanks Cathy

You're one of those lucky one's that is tight without a fill. It’s hard since we're all so different - however what you describe is how I feel with a good fill. I do drink my drinks slowly, and I get that full feeling very fast. I always describe to my friends as that feel like I just ate thanksgiving dinner. (You're most likely not stretching your band since you're eating small amounts).

Since the tightness is increasing and you don’t have a fill, that is a bit different and I’d ask a few things.

Is it near your time of the month?

Are you stressed?

Have you eaten salty food?

Have you thrown up at all or anything that might cause swelling?

These things can cause you to swell (retain water) and you can’t eat as much or drink as much. If its none of the above and you continue to get tighter – I would bring this up to your doctor to discuss.

Take care Cathy!!

Lisa

AAAAHHHH to have restriction..... I had that after I was first banded... for a short time. I hope you have it till your first fill. It sounds as though you still have a little swelling and it's helping you out. It takes quite a bit of food to give me the discomfort feeling. [Fill #2 comming up..] Your doing so well Cathy, you're "listening" to your band :yes:

I had my surgery on June 10th and still have restriction from the surgery.

When I eat, which is very little, I stop as soon as I feel full. Sometimes the fullness feeling increases to discomfort (like after eating a huge turkey dinner).

I can't imagine that my pouch is stretching, because I really don't eat that much, but I am concerned about the increased feeling of being really really full. I also feel this way when I have been drinking alot of water.

Does anyone with restriction feel this?

Thanks Cathy

Hi Cathy,

I don't know if this is worth mentioning or not, but I had something similar happen to me just a short time ago. I started feeling full/bloated on a small amount of food, which led to a continued feeling of being even more full/bloated and very uncomfortable shortly afterward. For me, it had to do with getting use to solid food again, as well as dealing with gas from my new solid food choices. The fullness and bloating eventually left, but when I let myself get too hunger, the gas and bloating comes back with a vengence.

Hope this helps.

- Janet.