When does it start? How long after surgery?

:wacko: So when does the weight start coming off? The scales aren't moving but I was banded on the 1st of July.. I can tell that I am losing something as my midsection isn't the same. Is it normal for your banded tummy to feel like a ball? I can barely get anything down at this point..I am sure I am swollen inside etc,, I just can't wait to be able to do my daily swim and work out a little. I just needed to hear from you all that have gone before me.. Tell me your experience... XO Lisa :huh:

Lisa, do not worry. Right now your body is healing. This part of the journey is not really meant to lose weight,it is to give your band and body time to heal. The best thing you can do is walk walk walk to get the gas removed from your stomache. Don't force things down. Stay hydrated and follow the Doc's orders. Let us know how you are doing and welcome to the land of the banded! :)

:wacko: So when does the weight start coming off? The scales aren't moving but I was banded on the 1st of July.. I can tell that I am losing something as my midsection isn't the same. Is it normal for your banded tummy to feel like a ball? I can barely get anything down at this point..I am sure I am swollen inside etc,, I just can't wait to be able to do my daily swim and work out a little. I just needed to hear from you all that have gone before me.. Tell me your experience... XO Lisa :huh:

your still on the liquids phase. I was banded on the 2nd? we must have met in the office, i was getting my blood work done etc ( low BMI Canadian) I only just noticed today a 4 pound drop. dont think we r suppose to loose to much until the 3rd week, proper meals will help our bodies stop collecting calories while in liquid mode. we r storing fat because our bodies think we r starving.

colleen

Everyone is soooooo different, I was bummed, but I did finally took me 3 fills to start losing!!! It's difficult because we think it's like gastric, where it's really quick and fast. Don't get discouraged!! you will get were you want to be :P

Donna

your still on the liquids phase. I was banded on the 2nd? we must have met in the office, i was getting my blood work done etc ( low BMI Canadian) I only just noticed today a 4 pound drop. dont think we r suppose to loose to much until the 3rd week, proper meals will help our bodies stop collecting calories while in liquid mode. we r storing fat because our bodies think we r starving.

colleen

Oh yes Colleen,,,

We were talking about our horses in the waiting room.. Your bed was next to mine in the recovery, but everytime I went to talk to you, you were sleepig or it was my time to go.. They took you early in the AM to the airport right? Yes I was thinking the same thing about the starvation mode thing.. I am just anxious,, as I am sure we all are. Good to hear from you!! How was your trip home?

Lisa, do not worry. Right now your body is healing. This part of the journey is not really meant to lose weight,it is to give your band and body time to heal. The best thing you can do is walk walk walk to get the gas removed from your stomache. Don't force things down. Stay hydrated and follow the Doc's orders. Let us know how you are doing and welcome to the land of the banded! :)

Thanks Caroline.. U are right I am healing... My head wants to run and I need to heal... :)

Lisa,

Like the other ladies said, you need time to heal, you are bloated, swollen and probably retaining some water, once the healing starts and you are moving more, eating more, things will start to happen.

My surgeon told me not to expect any weight loss at all between surgery and my first fill, but I have been lucky and have been losing. Not everyone is as fortunate.

Be patient and stay on track and it will happen.

Best of luck with your recovery, Cathy

Edited

Lisa the ladies are right, right now is the healing time.. Its tough for me to comprehend too, lol but I am learning.. I was banded on June 27th and the day after surgery I was up 5 pounds from all the fluids and things they had given me through IV and I am sure that was from some swelling as well.. Take this time to relax and re-coop and recover, before you know it you will be exercising in no time and dropping those pounds.

Good luck!

Oh yes Colleen,,,

We were talking about our horses in the waiting room.. Your bed was next to mine in the recovery, but everytime I went to talk to you, you were sleepig or it was my time to go.. They took you early in the AM to the airport right? Yes I was thinking the same thing about the starvation mode thing.. I am just anxious,, as I am sure we all are. Good to hear from you!! How was your trip home?

hahah i thought you were the one who was always sleeping! must of nodded off at different times. I left the clinic at 9pm back to the hotel and then off to the airport in the morning.Flight was terrible. I had and still do have the worst pain in my shoulder. The port area is starting to feel allot better. Im sure we wont see any great losses until the 3rd,4th,-6th week and not allot then. Once we get our first fill ???? that will be where you are going to loose the weight fastest. Hay maybe see you in TJ. Let me know when you plan to go!

colleen

hahah i thought you were the one who was always sleeping! must of nodded off at different times. I left the clinic at 9pm back to the hotel and then off to the airport in the morning.Flight was terrible. I had and still do have the worst pain in my shoulder. The port area is starting to feel allot better. Im sure we wont see any great losses until the 3rd,4th,-6th week and not allot then. Once we get our first fill ???? that will be where you are going to loose the weight fastest. Hay maybe see you in TJ. Let me know when you plan to go!

colleen

Yes since we had our surgeries at the same time maybe I could meet you at the airport and we could split a ride down to TJ. I havent even began to think about when I am going back down.. I am sorry about your shoulder,, try some phazyme.. I like that a lot!! So lets come up with a date... TTL XO Lisa P. S. I think I did sleep a lot!!

Hey guys, I love reading all your posts, and sometimes when a question is asked many times, it makes us all remember simple things we take for granted. I am a newbie, and reading all of your support and info has helped me thru these first 3 weeks-thanks to everyone, and to Cry: I hope all your goals are met soon and you find happiness!

Janet