Can RollerCoasters or Crazy rides hurt our Band???

I know this sounds like a stupid question, But Im a thrill seeker and an ((Annual theme-park ticket holder))!

Can RollerCoasters or Crazy rides hurt our Band???

The speed and gravity pushing down on you and your insides??? I mean that can't be good for the band, right? :wacko:

Can it cause the band to SLIP?

And if its okay, how long after having the band would it be safe to ride?

Confused and Curious :blink:

Thanks for the HELP,

** Beatriz **

I think this is a question for the docs. They have to know the answers. When you find out PLEASE POST them so we can all know.

Shoot, I never checked, but since I've lost so much weight I've become a bit of a thrill junkie in my old age. I've gone on every roller coaster, zip line (lots….) and anything daring that I can try. (Since I missed out on all of those things for so long when I was a big girl)

I haven’t noticed anything out of the norm and its in place and working!

Shoot, I never checked, but since I've lost so much weight I've become a bit of a thrill junkie in my old age. I've gone on every roller coaster, zip line (lots….) and anything daring that I can try. (Since I missed out on all of those things for so long when I was a big girl)

I haven’t noticed anything out of the norm and its in place and working!

That's great news, love rollercoasters!!!

Cathy

I worked at a place with a ROPES course. The harnesses they had would not fit, so I could not do any of the high elements. I plan to do that stuff when I get closer to my goal weight. I am scared of heights, but do OK if I have someplace for my feet. I figure It will be a reward to get over that and "BEAT" the ROPES course!

Elaine

Great question. I was thinking the same thing but too afraid to ask, besides why would I ask now? ZI just had surgery on the 1st.. I love roller coasters.. Im a annual pass person myself!! I will ask next visit, but let me know if you find out anything in the mean time... LOL.. XO Lisa :wacko:

I am an opera singer, and I was able to exert alot of pressure singing 2 weeks after surgery, and believe me, I worked my diaghram and abs, if that is anything like a harness (personally, I think its more!)

Janet

I do not know if this will help,but on one of the lapband websites a lady talks about finally being able to do roller coasters with her children. That would lead me to think it is okay. Someone should still ask when they go. Bring us back the facts. Dawn

Interesting question Beatriz...

I'm going in a couple of days, and I'll let you know how I feel afterwards. I'm excited that I'll have the opportunity now - with the weight I've already lost - to fit in the "N-A" seats. (The same seats they have on airplanes, too.) N-A stands for "Narrow A--"

One neat side effect... we can only contain a small volume of food, so if someone is the type to hurl on coasters, it'll be a mini-hurl!! I know that's TMI, but it struck me as funny, picturing some middle aged person with a little "uurrrppp" and then moving on to the next coaster.

It doesn't matter to me because I am a BIG OLE CHICKEN!! LOL

I wouldn't ride a roller coaster if someone paid me! I am pitiful!! LOL

I have wondered about this too... I was also thinking crazy too, like can "sucking in your tummy" cause your band to slip as well.... Why don't you ask that one for me when you ask the doc...LOL!

Not too crazy of a question...I suck in my tummy all the time and try to talk myself out of it...could it be considered abdominal excersize?

And by the way I asked Dr. Martinez about rides and about the chiropractor the morning of surgery, he said you shouldn't do anything with too much pressure on the midsection for about 3 months. Most rides would be ok...not sure about roller coasters though...

When I went down for my first fill 8 weeks after surgery my family decided to turn it into a vacation and spend a couple of days at Disneyland. Since I love roller coasters and planned to do them as much as possible in three days, I asked the fill doctor if it would be a problem. He told me nope, and I've been doing roller coasters, bumper cars, and water slides as much as possible since then.

The usual rules apply of course: be aware of what your body is trying to tell you and take a break if things start to feel uncomfortable.