My Surgery

Oh wow! Just a couple of days away. Keep us posted! :D

Congrats! We will be anxious to hear how it went.

congrats.gif

I hope everything comes out all right!!... OOOPS.. in this case.. I hope everything goes IN all right!!

(And it will.. you are in excellent hands... just ask Josefa for a back rub, and you'll see what I mean!!)

Congrats and welcome! Are you being banded at the OCC? Best wishes on your surgery and let us know how you are, Darlene

Yes at OCC. I am home now and starting to feel better. Did not feel too great the first few days but It will be worth it in the end. I feel like scarfing a whole pizza about now but that is just a thought.

Welcome to the other side!!!

just got banded 07/09/08. got home yesterday. i am absolutely paranoid about any movement that requires abdominal contractions--which is any change in position-sitting, getting up and down, lying down, bending down. dr miranda said no crunches, but how can you move without contracting your stomach muscles?

i am also having trouble sipping enough fluids to get 64oz of fluids a day. so far no hunger, though.

but, so far so good.

grace

You don't need to keep your abdominal muscles completely still, normal movement is fine. Just don't go doing any abdominal exercises or lifting heavy objects. Getting out of bed, walking, and sitting up is not going to cause a problem.

Congratulations!!! Welcome to bandster land ;)