Dolittle, Lori, or Chad

It seems we have a troll amongst us. The troll is posting nasty responses to all of our posts. Can one of you please put the troll back under the bridge he came from?

Thank you so much,

The dedicated members of the OCC Forum

P.S. The troll's name is CryMeARiver

Thank you, Lori. I had already put him on ignore, but this is nicer.

Thank you!!!! Just curious, Lori - did you block his name or his IP address? I'm just worried this person (no way to tell WHO it is, although all roads point to cedartown) will keep creating new names and keep harrassing everyone on the forum.

Not that I'm not appreciative, just trying to look out for everyone!

Just be careful banning IP addresses.

Do a trace route to find out if the IP is an AOL one.

Unfortunately, AOL uses the same IP for multiple people as they are not fixed, but they change.

So banning IP X could ban other AOL users in the process.

Ahhhh...

The joys of Message Board administration. (I have a little experience with it. LOL) :D

Thank you!!!! Just curious, Lori - did you block his name or his IP address? I'm just worried this person (no way to tell WHO it is, although all roads point to cedartown) will keep creating new names and keep harrassing everyone on the forum.

Not that I'm not appreciative, just trying to look out for everyone!

done!

its easier on us if you just report a topic or poster, otherwise I have to stumble upon messages to check.

let's keep our forum clean and supportive!

I had to delete some of topics, delete a few posts and edited a couple. I'm sorry to say, some of your posts had to go to,, cause when you reply to a post, the original post is attached. I can say its best to ignore people that are offensive,, it makes it easier to clean up the mess.

Sorry for the recent troll problem. I'm working on keeping them blocked permanently. If nothing else, for now I've at least made it much more difficult for them to get through.

The best approach to take as other members of the site is to just report them and ignore them. Responding to their posts just fuels the fire. Act like they aren't there and I will eventually suspend the account and have all of their posts deleted.

Sorry for the recent troll problem. I'm working on keeping them blocked permanently. If nothing else, for now I've at least made it much more difficult for them to get through.

The best approach to take as other members of the site is to just report them and ignore them. Responding to their posts just fuels the fire. Act like they aren't there and I will eventually suspend the account and have all of their posts deleted.

Perfect!

Thank you.

Ditto! I was contemplating leaving the site because of the ugliness. None of us need that in our lives right now. We need to be supportive and positive! :)

Unfortunately, all forums eventually have the same problem when they reach a certain size. Just try not to let one bad apple spoil it for the rest of you.

Unfortunately, all forums eventually have the same problem when they reach a certain size. Just try not to let one bad apple spoil it for the rest of you.

99% of the ladies and gentlemen are absolutely wonderful and super supportive...it's unfortunate that one person can be so nasty!

Cathy

Ditto! I was contemplating leaving the site because of the ugliness. None of us need that in our lives right now. We need to be supportive and positive! :)

Don't leave, we need to unite and stand up against people like that! Like Chad said, don't let him ruin it for the rest of us, otherwise he wins!!

Cathy :wub: