I made a decision to not weigh myself until after my first follow up appt. I did this to keep from having disappointment and anxiety based on what I see on the scale. Did anyone else do this and how did it work out for you? I can tell my bloating is going down. Which is a good thing. I starting walking again today more regularly. I walked 1.5 miles this morning and 1 mile after lunch. It felt really good, but boy am I tired afterwards. I am so glad I have this time off from work to focus on me. ;)

Anyway, I was curious if anyone else waited to weigh themselves and how it worked out for you.

I think that's a great idea. Too many people are slaves to the scales and it does produce much unneeded anxiety and upset. I have been told to weigh once a week or less, even once a month, to not be such a slave. I've started to do this and each time I've been pleased. Try it!!

I do it once a week on monday's. I seems to be going ok. WTG on the weight loss good numbers there.

Thanks, Shrty! I am proud of it too. It is the first time I have ever taken weight off and kept it off. Typically, I go on some crazy diet lost 30 pounds and then pack it all back on. When I made this committment to myself I was serious about changing my entire life. It isn't about looking great in a dress (although that will be nice), but more about health for me. I was starting to see a lot of the effects from excess weight and it scared me. My mom is having problems associated with her weight and for me, it was like looking down the barrel of a gun - that is me in 30 years if I don't start taking care of myself.

As for the weighing, I think I am going to weigh once a week once I have my first f/up. I think that is reasonable and will keep me from getting 'crazy' based on the number on the scale.

I'm with you there, mine is for medical reasons also, Diabetics in my family, I had colesterol its down now, I have high bloodpressure Doctor said that if I continue to loose like this Ill be off the meds by October. So im doing everything I Have to so that I dont have to take anymore meds. Also start doing the mesuarements you will see the difference there also. Good Luck keep us posted.

For me, I need the daily scale to keep myself focused.

Yes it's frustrating that the number doesn't move every day or that it goes up a pound or only down 1/2 a pound. But, each day I look at that number and get inspired. Either I'm down and so happy that I'm going the right direction that I want to keep it up. Or, I am flat or up a little and I make a daily decision to work harder. Think about my choices more, add more exercise, do something different.

It doesn't work for everyone. But for me, the scale is my friend for the first time in probably 20 years!

I am a daily weigher. I confess. I cannot help myself. The scales call my name! LOL