OK..which band do I have?

Ok..I am confused.

The card I have says LAGB VG, Adjustable Gastric Banding System. It then has the reference number and SN number. They did not write in the fill range.

My operative report says "Lap-Band Size--Lap-Band size 10cms/ 4cc".

So..Which do I have? the 4cc or the bigger band? I keep reading that the VG is the bigger one, but my operative report says the 4cc one. HELP!!!!

Elaine

I would call and find out since your operative report says one thing and the card says another.

I have a question.. How long does it take to get an operative report? I emailed Rene last week and never got a response. How long did it take you guys to get yours and how did you get it? Mail or Fax?

Trina, Melissa sent me mine by e-mail.

I have the smallest one and my surgeon told me it's 4cc.

Cathy

I was told that the size is dependent on how much fat you have internally on your stomach (not from the outside). The size is different for everyone for a reason. Someone with relatively little fat internally will have the smaller band and someone who has a lot of fat internally will have the larger. It has nothing to do with what you weigh, or how you look on the outside, rather the amount of fat on your internal organs.

I was told that the size is dependent on how much fat you have internally on your stomach (not from the outside). The size is different for everyone for a reason. Someone with relatively little fat internally will have the smaller band and someone who has a lot of fat internally will have the larger. It has nothing to do with what you weigh, or how you look on the outside, rather the amount of fat on your internal organs.

That's good to know...I was actually surprised that I have the smallest one, considering I started at almost 300 lbs.

Thanks Cathy

I have a question.. How long does it take to get an operative report? I emailed Rene last week and never got a response. How long did it take you guys to get yours and how did you get it? Mail or Fax?

Rene sent mine email and it took awhile, send him a reminder, he's super busy. Darlene

That's good to know...I was actually surprised that I have the smallest one, considering I started at almost 300 lbs.

Thanks Cathy

I too have the smaller one. I was 233 when I got banded, but had dieted for 8 months prior. I think genetics has a lot to do with where you carry your fat either internally or externally. At first I was worried that smaller one wouldn't be as good, but we shouldn't think about it that way. Once fully inflated it won't allow anything in no matter how you look at it, ya know?

Ok..I called Melissa and she verified that I have the VG band with a fill capacity of 10 cc....due to my height and BMI. Height is actually a factor. Who would have guessed?

She corrected the operative report and has already e-mailed me the corrected copy.

So..it has been clarified. and I am not nuts. My stuff did not match up, but it now does.