Drinking water

I know that we supposed to drink 64 oz. of water a day. I do that no problem right now. But I will be banded in a week, and I am wondering how that will be after the surgery. I know that I am supposed to sip all day long, so I am wondering how hard it will be dow get 64 oz. down just sipping. Do most people do it? Do you have problems getting enough in? Any tips to making sure the water goes down but not with food?

I love advice.

Thanks,

Becki

The water will go down just fine. I had no problem. :-) I continue to drink 64-100 oz a day. I'm never vistited the ladies room so much. It's odd though, I don't drink beverages with my meals now. That takes some getting used to. Mostly I will drink with meals at a resturant. And since I can't eat like I used to...I don't go out to eat as much. I guess that works in my favor.

This is a favorite for drinking for me....

Buy a bottle of PROPEL Gatorade flavored fitness water. When you are done drinking it, fill it up with water. It has this great spout (where your lips go) that make it really easy to take sips from. The nice part is the first water bottle after has a little taste of the flavored water too. I love the berry. Mmmmmm. I like my water really cold too. It seems easier to sip that way. A little time in the freezer and it's perfect. Just don't leave it in to long or....explosion! :-)

Good luck :D

I can't tell you how many times my husband has exploded a can of soda in the freezer. I keep trying to explain why that is not a good practice, but....

Thanks for your advice. I use the Propel bottles all the time. My family takes them everywhere, because they are easy to use, cheap to buy, and if you lose one, no big deal.

Right now I love Crystal Light. I have a 32 oz cup with a straw. I fill it completely with ice, use one Crystal light to go pack (you know, the kind for the single bottles) and fill it up with water. It is half strength that way, but I love it.

By the way, the Target brand of the Crystal light to go, is just as good and less than half the price, just a little hard to find in the store, but it is there.

Becki

I can't tell you how many times my husband has exploded a can of soda in the freezer. I keep trying to explain why that is not a good practice, but....

Thanks for your advice. I use the Propel bottles all the time. My family takes them everywhere, because they are easy to use, cheap to buy, and if you lose one, no big deal.

Right now I love Crystal Light. I have a 32 oz cup with a straw. I fill it completely with ice, use one Crystal light to go pack (you know, the kind for the single bottles) and fill it up with water. It is half strength that way, but I love it.

By the way, the Target brand of the Crystal light to go, is just as good and less than half the price, just a little hard to find in the store, but it is there.

Becki

Thanks for the tip on the Crystal light from Target. That's awesome. I also don't like full strength, so that's a great tip. Really appreciate it.