Fill Question

Hi everyone,

I know it's seems like a silly question...I am scheduled for my first fill next week, but still have some restriction when I eat, however, I am not staying full for more than 1 1/2 hrs, would this be a signal for me to get a fill?

I have a healthy snacks inbetween, which I shouldn't have to right? If I could eat more at meals, I would probably be full longer, but the restriction is stopping me from doing so.

I would appreciate any feedback!

Thanks Cathy

Cathy~

Go ahead and get your fill while you can. They may only give you a little and you will need it. I had restriction after surgery, but oneday it was just gone! I had to wait like 4 weeks for a fill and I was miserable.

Cathy: I had the same feeling at my 4 week check up so I waited until 8 weeks; I should have gotten the fill, I lost weight but then I noticed I could eat more than I should and I was hungry more often, like every two hours. For my first fill I got 2cc's and I had better restriction, you get use to it and readjust your eating. I belive that is the reason for the small fills, to let you get use to the feeling and yet continue to eat healthy. Just remember to really chew. I got another 1.5 last week and I have to really eat slow and take very small bites. I also have more restriction at different times, there is no pattern. I like the full feeling, Get the fill!

Amy

I was told you need a fill if you are no longer losing weight and have no restriction.

I agree, get the fill. They will probaly only give you a little one and it will be a good "primer" for your second fill - then you will reach your sweet spot sooner.

Don't worry, they will test the fill before you leave to make sure you can still drink. :)

You are lucky that you can get one at 4 weeks, I would have jumped at the opportunity.

I will get the fill...my surgeon said they start small, which is good.

I am only an hour away, so I can book fills whenever I need them, and all fills and f/ups visits for 5 years is included in my initial fee.

Thanks everyone for your advice!!! ;)

Cathy