Fill in St. Petersburg

I talked with fillcentersusa today, and I am going to have a fill in St. Petersburg the first weeks of August. I asked about the fill center in Tampa, but the Fill Center Director told me that the equiptment in St. Petersburg is newer and more up to date than that in Tampa, and because of my stretched pouch, I would need to go to St. Pete.

I have an appointment in TJ for July 29th, but the plane fare is so high that it becomes nearly $700 to fly, pay the $290 for the fill special, and that doesn't include food. I will have to cancel that appointment.

My trip to St. Pete will cost $375 for the first fill and the cost of gas, which is about $100, and the cost of chili from Wendy's.

It seems to be a no brainer, but I am a little anxious about it. I will have to wait and see.

Hi Paula, Glad to hear you found a place closer, I to would love to go back to mexico but it just cost way to much.

I might of missed the post, but how do you know your pouch is stretched, and what can they do or you do to fix it.

thanks,

That is great Paula. It will save you quite a bit of money, I didn't realize airfare was so much now. I guess I am lucky, I live in SoCal so it is just a hour and a half drive to OCC for me.

Do you think that you pouch is still stretched? It should have returned to normal by now, right?

When OCC did my second fill the floriscope showed what happened to my pouch when he filled it to 2 cm....you could see it "cupcake" over the top of the band. I don't know what caused it unless it was years of dieting and binging.

I really don't know if my pouch is still stretched. I have followed the rules that Dr. So gave me, and I am praying that it has worked as he said it would. This situation is why fill center is recommending St. Pete rather than Tampa, which is closer. St. Pete has the equipment to check this, and hopefully I can get some kind of additional fill, even if it is a small one. Fill center told me that it can take up to 5 fills to get where a person needs to be. Ultimately, she said I should only be able to eat 4-6 bites. Looks like a protein meal to me.

Still a 4 hour drive for me, but a couple of hundred dollars cheaper.

Thank you Paula, did Dr. So just have you eat smaller amounts at a time, or just liquids to try to shrink it back? I think we all worry

at some point that we might have stretched our pouch, at least I have.. I am glad you have found a location closer and cheaper than going to occ

thanks again for the info

Orange Park is near Jacksonville right? May I ask what route you are planning to take to St. Pete? I live basically in Orlando. Did you know there is a doc here that will do fills for those of us banded in Mexico about 2 miles from my house. If you want the info on them, let me know. I am scheduled for my first fill there on July 31st.

If you are crossing the state on I-4...I am off exit 92..maybe we could meet up? I would love to see another bandster from the forum.