Protien shakes

i personally liked boost high protien. . i used it for the first 3 weeks, but dropped it after that because it has more calories than some of the others. it also had more protien than slimfast. i needed those calories during the first weeks for energy. i only drank 1 a day. i do not know how many others drank. even with the boost i had a hard time getting in 600 calories to start with. dawn

I like the dutch chocolate Isopure - high protein low carb - 220 calories with 50 grams of protein with water, higher with milk (I use low fat high protein milk and add in the extra 90 calories so its still not bad)- really kicks in the weight loss due to the high protein and it has a good mix of vitamins and supplements to boot.

I do not like the pre-mixed ones. :lb1:

I prefer the Slim fast Optima powder and I mix it with my own milk. It is really good to me. I have one every morning.

In your opinion what was the best tasting protien shake for the preop diet? Did you use powder and water/milk or the ready to go shakes?

I agree that Boost high protien tastes the best- and I tried them all!! I also used these post op during the 2 and 3 week of the liquid phase.

I am advocating Boost so much you guys are gonna think that I have stock in it or something! ;-)

Be careful to not drink too much though...because of the high protein the calories are a bit higher (240) than other like slimfast (190) or EAS.... But one good thing is that the high protein acutally held off most of my hunger pangs.

I went to get the protien powder today and he asked if I wanted a drink that would sustain me for a while or one that doesn't. I have no idea!!!! What am I looking for protien wise, calorie wise, and carb wise?

I'm with mona-camille the GNC chocolate caramel is to die for, but I use low fat milk and I cant tell the difference in the milk. And when I didnt have time I had the optima slimfast.

How do y'all fit these in to your day? I though we weren't suppose to have the shakes anymore, but I know I am not getting all the protein I need. I would love to find a good whey protein that is unflavored and not very expensive. That way I could add it to my sweet tea (Made with Splenda of course!). If anybody knows of one, let me know please!

Mmmmmm GNC Banana Cream - Yummy!!!! It's my lunch during the work week, but I confess to using 2 scoops instead of one and it's good and filling. I haven't tried this yet myself, but I've read other peoples posts where they say they mix them up - like the GNC Berry with Banana, or the chocolate caramel with banana. :)

How do y'all fit these in to your day? I though we weren't suppose to have the shakes anymore, but I know I am not getting all the protein I need. I would love to find a good whey protein that is unflavored and not very expensive. That way I could add it to my sweet tea (Made with Splenda of course!). If anybody knows of one, let me know please!

I put a scoop of Whey protein (vanilla or chocolate) into my morning coffee instead of creamer. That way I don't have a "shake", but I am also getting my protein in. I use EAS Whey protein from Walmart, it is cheap about $12 for a huge canister of the stuff. I have also added the powder to yogurt for a meal. I am not a huge fan of the shakes and was told to avoid them as they are liquid and go right through the band. Hope this helps a little.

I put a scoop of Whey protein (vanilla or chocolate) into my morning coffee instead of creamer. That way I don't have a "shake", but I am also getting my protein in. I use EAS Whey protein from Walmart, it is cheap about $12 for a huge canister of the stuff. I have also added the powder to yogurt for a meal. I am not a huge fan of the shakes and was told to avoid them as they are liquid and go right through the band. Hope this helps a little.

The best one I found and recommended by my Dr is Unjury, purchased online. 100 calories, 0 carbs, 20 grams protein, and delicious! They also have an unflavored one that you can mix with juice or food.

Janet

I like GNC 100% whey protein. THe only one that really kept me full. Chocolate Caramel flavor. But double the scoops and make with 2% milk. MMMMMMM

I agree with Mona, this stuff is great in this flavor.....I ran out, and bought EAS Premium Protein in chocolate (from Costco) instead, dont't like very much, it has a different texture. Stick with the GNC.

In your opinion what was the best tasting protien shake for the preop diet? Did you use powder and water/milk or the ready to go shakes?

I like both pre-made (for convenience) and the powder (cause they taste better to me). For pre-made, I buy Premier Nutrition "Protein". I buy them at Costco and can handle the taste... as long as it's REALLY cold. Each shake has: 160 calories, 5 carbs, 3g fiber and 30 grams of protein.

For powder I get (like Mona and others) GNC 100% whey protein, Chocolate Caramel flavor. I too double the scoops but use non-fat milk. These shakes taste really yummy to me but I have to go easy.... gives me some bad, bad, bad gas!

Banded4life; You are correct. Dr. Miranda told me not to "drink" my meals post-op. But my band is tighter in the morning and it is the only option for breakfast. I try to take advantage of all the protein in the shakes so I can get all my daily grams in!

Amber