I was banded on 07/01 here in the States.... I have been healing nicely and have done better every day. Today though I have felt nauseous all day. I haven't vomited yet, but I have felt low grade and kind sick to my stomach all day. My doctor has me on mushies and I haven't been eating a lot but I have focused on the protein first. My question is do you think it is still just my tummy healing? Did anyone else feel nauseous a week out?

I hope this passes soon because this definitely is not fun. :(

Sorry to hear you're feeling so lousy! :(

The only thing that made me feel a little nauseous in the first week was liquids that were too sweet or too thick. My first thought, and this is a completely uneducated guess, is that it seems early to be on mushies. I know every doc has different recommendations, but the OCC has us on liquids for 3 weeks - clear the first week and full the other 2 weeks. I just wonder if the mushies are too much for you right now. Are you allowed to have liquids - or no?

It's also just always good to make sure you're drinking enough water.

I hope this passes soon.

Sorry to hear you're feeling so lousy! :(

The only thing that made me feel a little nauseous in the first week was liquids that were too sweet or too thick. My first thought, and this is a completely uneducated guess, is that it seems early to be on mushies. I know every doc has different recommendations, but the OCC has us on liquids for 3 weeks - clear the first week and full the other 2 weeks. I just wonder if the mushies are too much for you right now. Are you allowed to have liquids - or no?

It's also just always good to make sure you're drinking enough water.

I hope this passes soon.

I think I am going back to full liquids tomorrow because I am thinking it may be the mushies too. I was fine on the mushies the first 2 days and then I started this today. It won't hurt to go back and hopefully will make me feel better. I definitely am not getting enough liquids. I used to drink 100+ ounces of water pre surgery. Now, I am lucky to get 48 ounces in. It is tough.... I am just glad I am out of work for this entire month because I cannot imagine having to work while healing. It must be rough....

I think I am going back to full liquids tomorrow because I am thinking it may be the mushies too. I was fine on the mushies the first 2 days and then I started this today. It won't hurt to go back and hopefully will make me feel better. I definitely am not getting enough liquids. I used to drink 100+ ounces of water pre surgery. Now, I am lucky to get 48 ounces in. It is tough.... I am just glad I am out of work for this entire month because I cannot imagine having to work while healing. It must be rough....

That's great that you have so much time off work! I went back after a week, and it wasn't terrible, but I definitely felt a bit slower than usual - mentally and physically. This is my second week back at work and I'm feeling a lot better - up to about 90% now. Which is great because things have gotten busy!

I hope the liquids help. If not, definitely call your doc and see if he/she has advice.

Are you a teacher?

No, I am a Programmer Analyst. My employer just has great short term disability benefits and my surgeon signed me out for a month. I have worked and gone to school since I was 15 years old (now late 30's) and it is the first time I have ever had this kind of time off. I am taking classes for my Master's as well, so it is nice to just focus on school right now and not have to juggle a full time job, school, family, and this.

With me, it's a burp bubble. Just like an infant. After three weeks of liquids, the gas bubbles in my stomach (the lower one) bubble up thru the stoma more slowly.

It sits there, not big enough to burp up, not small enough to ignore....like a trap door to my upper stomach.

Yeah, it's low grade nausea.

Hope you figure out yours soon!