Excercise

I have got to be completely honest and would love some suggestions. It is so fricken hot here in Sacramento :heat: the last thing I want to do is go to a HOT gym and work out. :lb25: I get this way every summer. I cannot get motivated at all to work out. It is 111 degrees here and the smoke is so bad you can barely breathe from all the fires. Suggestions anyone on things I can do? I know I could work out in the morning, but as it is I get up at 4:00am to go to work, next ................. I am trying to get on track here, since I just got my fill and having GREAT restriction, eating really well. HELP! :help:

It's 115* here in Vegas so even going to the gym is a hot process!! Do you like workout DVDs?? I like being able to work out at home and get the variety of many classes without high gym fees!

I have bought some really fun ones for about $5 at Ross, they are mixed in with all the regular DVDs but you can find yoga, salsa, hip hop, walking, jazzercise etc.

If you have a netflix membership you can also rent workout DVD's from there, keep them a week or so and then send for another one! Netflix also has an option to watch unlimited videos online and they have TONS of videos you can just watch them off of your computer so you can basically take your workout to wherever the coolest place in your house is!

It's 115* here in Vegas so even going to the gym is a hot process!! Do you like workout DVDs?? I like being able to work out at home and get the variety of many classes without high gym fees!

I have bought some really fun ones for about $5 at Ross, they are mixed in with all the regular DVDs but you can find yoga, salsa, hip hop, walking, jazzercise etc.

If you have a netflix membership you can also rent workout DVD's from there, keep them a week or so and then send for another one!

OH my god how are you surviving in Las Vegas?? I hate Las Vegas for that very reason! I love the cold, maybe because I have been overweight all my life and like to cover up as much as possible!! :ph34r:

LOL, I am actually in El Dorado Hills at work, so you know how I feel about the smoke!

Uhg, the smoke is horrible. And my daughter had to play 3 softball games last Sunday in this weather. I was surprised they didn't actually cancel the tournament because of the air quality.

I worked for an ISP in El Dorado Hills many years ago :)

Uhg, the smoke is horrible. And my daughter had to play 3 softball games last Sunday in this weather. I was surprised they didn't actually cancel the tournament because of the air quality.

I worked for and ISP in El Dorado Hills many years ago :)

Ok we have too much in common. My daughter plays comp soccer and we had 6 games last Sunday in a tournament. It was ridiculous!

My favorite exercise right now is swimming! If you don't have a pool, I'm sure there is a community center or gym near you that might have one. I live in Florida, so I know ALL about heat and humidity. Let me tell you, there is nothing better than going home after a long day at work and diving into the pool. I try and do about 30 laps (although it depends on how many people are at the pool in my neighborhood) and then I go to a wall and do leg exercises. I hope this helps!

Plus, my tan has never looked better!

Ok we have too much in common. My daughter plays comp soccer and we had 6 games last Sunday in a tournament. It was ridiculous!

Wow, that's crazy. Soccer would be way worse than softball since there's a lot more running. I played comp soccer when I was in high school. I was always a little bummed that neither of my daughters picked up the sport...although I do enjoy softball as well :)

Alana you are too cute! I am so tan right now from my daughter's soccer game. As far as the swimming goes, that sounds wonderful, but then we go into the I would never be caught dead in a bathing suit in front of people. The pool is a mad house right now and front of all those people, no thank you! Although I may scare them all away!! :D

Chad ~ My daughter is the goalie so she doesn't have to do that much running around. She use to do the softball thing, she has one heck of an arm, but quit to focus on soccer only!! :rolleyes:

Go to your local air conditioned mall and walk briskly around it for several laps. I do that for my walking contest when it is too hot.

Those of you in Placerville, you know of Noahs WIsh? They are centered right there. They do animal rescue in disasters. I volunteer with them!! I've been to Ohio for Hurricane Ivan and to Louisiana for Katrina. I wish I could go to Iowa or California for the fires, but since we are responsible for our own expenses, I just couldn't afford it this year with all my Mexico trips. So hard to sit back and no tbe able to go and help!!

Those of you in Placerville, you know of Noahs WIsh? They are centered right there. They do animal rescue in disasters. I volunteer with them!! I've been to Ohio for Hurricane Ivan and to Louisiana for Katrina. I wish I could go to Iowa or California for the fires, but since we are responsible for our own expenses, I just couldn't afford it this year with all my Mexico trips. So hard to sit back and no tbe able to go and help!!

I just went to their web site...sounds like a great organization. I've done quite a bit of volunteer web development for a couple of animal shelters in our area. It's nice to see an organization that focuses on disaster related rescues. What a great idea.

It's a cool 107 here in Phoenix today. I just go to the YMCA. It's air conditioned -- it's just hard to make myself go.

Swimming actually does sound kind of nice.

No worries about people seeing you in a swim suit. What you think about you is simply a lot more important than what a stranger thinks about you. You're there to burn off a few hundred calories, same as them.

Hey, I am in Stockton! I have a stomach bug now but haven't been outside for like 3 days because of the heat and smoke. I can only imagine how bad the smoke is up in the Sac area. Stinks!!!! I want to move to San Diego and get out of this valley!

I just went to their web site...sounds like a great organization. I've done quite a bit of volunteer web development for a couple of animal shelters in our area. It's nice to see an organization that focuses on disaster related rescues. What a great idea.

Thanks!!! I am very proud to be a part of that organization. They truly have saved countless animals. There are a lot of other organizations out there that fake it. Like Animal Planet. They have a rescue truck they simply 'park' at a disaster to garner attention but don't really do any rescue work. It is all for advertising. Same as with the National SPCA's and Humane Society's. Then there is PETA who does do some rescue but then kills 95% of the animals they rescue. Yes, PETA! Most people are not aware that PETA believes in killing cats and dogs simply because there are not enough homes for them. THey are soo hypocritical.

Sorry for blabbering, just can't help myself sometimes!!

Thanks!!! I am very proud to be a part of that organization. They truly have saved countless animals. There are a lot of other organizations out there that fake it. Like Animal Planet. They have a rescue truck they simply 'park' at a disaster to garner attention but don't really do any rescue work. It is all for advertising. Same as with the National SPCA's and Humane Society's. Then there is PETA who does do some rescue but then kills 95% of the animals they rescue. Yes, PETA! Most people are not aware that PETA believes in killing cats and dogs simply because there are not enough homes for them. THey are soo hypocritical.

Sorry for blabbering, just can't help myself sometimes!!

Mona-Camille ~ I just went to the website (also sent you a message), and I emailed them to see if they needed any help. Their training session has already passed, but I know with the fires right now they may need extra people.

Hey, I am in Stockton! I have a stomach bug now but haven't been outside for like 3 days because of the heat and smoke. I can only imagine how bad the smoke is up in the Sac area. Stinks!!!! I want to move to San Diego and get out of this valley!

Karenlynn ~ I wish I knew that, I was just in Stockton 2 weeks ago for my daughters soccer tournament. We stayed at the Residence Inn on W. March. What a small world!

Mona-Camille ~ I just went to the website (also sent you a message), and I emailed them to see if they needed any help. Their training session has already passed, but I know with the fires right now they may need extra people.

Even with no formal training yet, they will still take volunteers if they don't have enough of the trained ones to come out. There are tons of jobs to do even without training.

Thanks so much!!!

i have been doing high intensity interval exercise which seems to really be working and only take 10 or 15 minutes so I don't feel like I have to spend to much time and the gym. Also lots of walking 15000 steps a day at least and I know that is hard in the heat but I go in the morning and evening to make it easier. Of course I do live in CO where it cools off at night.