Does anyone feel lightheaded after eating?

I got lightheaded when I was on the pre-op diet. I wrote to Dr. Miranda and asked her about it and she said to cut out my AM Slim Fast and substitute an egg and a slice of whole wheat toast. It worked, I never got lightheaded again. She didn't explain why though....

I'd ask your Doc, you must be lacking something. Best wishes and keep us informed, Darlene

I was thinking that I might be B12 deficient again or I am not getting enough protein.

I am going to start writing everything down that I eat and the protein grams, so that I can keep track.

I do have unflavoured protein powder to mix into foods as well. I see my surgeon next week, I will ask him.

Thanks Cathy

I am wondering if everyone else experiences this and what may be causing it?

It doesn't last long, but it's weird.

Thanks Cathy

I am lightheaded a lot lately. I am only a week out, so I attribute it to that. Also get dizzy from time to time. I often wonder if I am getting 'enough' as well. I average between 400 - 600 calories a day right now. I have been supplementing my protein with protein bullets and Isopure because I was concerned about the low amounts of protein I was getting per day... I wonder if that is it?

I am lightheaded a lot lately. I am only a week out, so I attribute it to that. Also get dizzy from time to time. I often wonder if I am getting 'enough' as well. I average between 400 - 600 calories a day right now. I have been supplementing my protein with protein bullets and Isopure because I was concerned about the low amounts of protein I was getting per day... I wonder if that is it?

I don't think you're getting enough calories, definately check with your Doc! Maybe it is the lack of protien, Dr. M didn't specify, she just changed my diet around a little and it helped. I worried I may pass out while driving or something. Let us know how you gals are!! ;) Darlene

I am wondering if everyone else experiences this and what may be causing it?

It doesn't last long, but it's weird.

Thanks Cathy

Dehydration can cause this. I remember you mentioned you are not drinking much water. Step it up Cathy no matter how you do it get more fluids!! Hope this helps.

I have a call into my clinic now...I am thinking it could be my B12 deficiency. I have an rx for injections monthly, but have not had a chance to go, so I have been using the desolvable strips instead, but maybe those aren't enough. Protein could be an issue as well, not enough...but I am doing the best I can for the amount of food I eat????

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Cathy ;)

I have a call into my clinic now...I am thinking it could be my B12 deficiency. I have an rx for injections monthly, but have not had a chance to go, so I have been using the desolvable strips instead, but maybe those aren't enough. Protein could be an issue as well, not enough...but I am doing the best I can for the amount of food I eat????

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Cathy ;)

I called my doctor today. He called right back. He suspects my dizzyness and lightheaded feeling is a result of too low calories, not enough protein and not drinking enough water. He told me to go up to 1/2 cup of food at meal times - I have been doing 2-3 ounces. Also, he said to shoot for 800 calories a day (right now I am at 400-600). He seems to think this will work, but said he will call back in a couple of days to check. As for protein content, he said to shoot for a minimum of 60-75 grams a day.