Starting on the road to a new me!

Hi everyone!

I am just starting my journey now - I went to a seminar on Monday and have made the decision to have the lapband. My first consult is on the 21st this month. I am so excited! So, hopefully sometime in September I will be banded! Dr. Pinnar said it would take about 6 weeks to get the insurance and all approved. I have Nlue Cross Blue Shield. Does anyone have any advice for me? I am so thankful for this board already - I know I will need the support in the time to come! Congrats to everyone on your weightloss!

Most of us here had our surgery done in Mexico because our insurance would not cover the procedure. While that was a bunner at first, it turned out to be a blessing. Have it done by Dr. Ortiz was the best!

Hi everyone!

I am just starting my journey now - I went to a seminar on Monday and have made the decision to have the lapband. My first consult is on the 21st this month. I am so excited! So, hopefully sometime in September I will be banded! Dr. Pinnar said it would take about 6 weeks to get the insurance and all approved. I have Nlue Cross Blue Shield. Does anyone have any advice for me? I am so thankful for this board already - I know I will need the support in the time to come! Congrats to everyone on your weightloss!

Congrats on the desicion to be banded, I also was going to get banded in the states after I was told by my blue cross blue shield that they would cover, but after going thru all the test they told the Drs office that they dont cover bariatric surgeries. So I went to Dr. Ortiz at the OCC. And its the best thing I could have done. Keep us posted.