???What does a pb feel like right before it happens???

I think I almost had my first pb today. I had my second fill yesterday. I was told 24hrs of liquids so I decided to try a a hard boiled egg around 10am since my fill was yesterday morning. I ate a couple of bites and felt a kinda scary tight feeling in my throat/chest area...not like I was going to choke and no foaming or anything like that... just tight with some pressure. It scared me and I started walking around the room thinking oh, no and rubbing my chest but it went away after a minute or so. Is there any warning...is this maybe a warning to stop? I did stop eating and threw out the other half of egg. I was still hungry though and all I had the rest of the day was a slice of mild chedder cheese. Can you guys tell me in your own words how a PB feels before, during, and after so I know what to expect? Thanks!!

Yes it sounds like almost a pb...but it was probably due to too big a bite or dryness of the egg - it was stuck but not so bad you pb'd - it eventually went down so you were wise to stop and walk around. If you had tried to eat any more or wash it with liquids - a pb could follow.

Here's what happens when i pb...

Before: It either goes like you described and all is ok and I either stop eating, go slower or skip that food OR

During: I start sliming which to me is spitting out my saliva - if that happens i know i'm in for a pb - it's not going to go down on it's own.....

then between 1-10 minutes after sliming i will usually throw up something - sometimes it's the offending food or just gooey salivia - it's not alot and doesn't feel like when you are sick and throwing up (i always got that acidy taste in my mouth when I was sick)

The best situation is one time throwing up, the worst is more than one time!

AFTER:

If it's more than once and bad i get what i call needles in my chest

Either way - the meal is over and i try to relax cuz it's so stressful

If i get the needles it's no food for the rest of the day - maalox after several hours and no liquids until all the pain is completely gone.

If you pb you've have swollen your stomach up so imagine the small opening is even smaller - you need to let it rest and heal so no food, no liquid for several hours, sometimes no food the rest of the day -

That's my experience. Hey, sorry i didn't meet you - i was there for my fill too! mary

I think I almost had my first pb today. I had my second fill yesterday. I was told 24hrs of liquids so I decided to try a a hard boiled egg around 10am since my fill was yesterday morning. I ate a couple of bites and felt a kinda scary tight feeling in my throat/chest area...not like I was going to choke and no foaming or anything like that... just tight with some pressure. It scared me and I started walking around the room thinking oh, no and rubbing my chest but it went away after a minute or so. Is there any warning...is this maybe a warning to stop? I did stop eating and threw out the other half of egg. I was still hungry though and all I had the rest of the day was a slice of mild chedder cheese. Can you guys tell me in your own words how a PB feels before, during, and after so I know what to expect? Thanks!!

Thanks Mary!! What time were you there? I was there around 10am. I was in and out so fast and I had a girlfriend with me so I forgot to ask. By the time I remembered I was half way home and I said shhhooottt I forgot to ask if Mary's here. How was your fill?

Yes it sounds like almost a pb...but it was probably due to too big a bite or dryness of the egg - it was stuck but not so bad you pb'd - it eventually went down so you were wise to stop and walk around. If you had tried to eat any more or wash it with liquids - a pb could follow.

Here's what happens when i pb...

Before: It either goes like you described and all is ok and I either stop eating, go slower or skip that food OR

During: I start sliming which to me is spitting out my saliva - if that happens i know i'm in for a pb - it's not going to go down on it's own.....

then between 1-10 minutes after sliming i will usually throw up something - sometimes it's the offending food or just gooey salivia - it's not alot and doesn't feel like when you are sick and throwing up (i always got that acidy taste in my mouth when I was sick)

The best situation is one time throwing up, the worst is more than one time!

AFTER:

If it's more than once and bad i get what i call needles in my chest

Either way - the meal is over and i try to relax cuz it's so stressful

If i get the needles it's no food for the rest of the day - maalox after several hours and no liquids until all the pain is completely gone.

If you pb you've have swollen your stomach up so imagine the small opening is even smaller - you need to let it rest and heal so no food, no liquid for several hours, sometimes no food the rest of the day -

That's my experience. Hey, sorry i didn't meet you - i was there for my fill too! mary

don't worry - i did the same thing -my fill wasnt until 11 and as soon as i got there i forgot everything about seeing who else was there.

I was at 1.8 and he gave me .2 so i am up to 2.0 and not sure yet how it is - I ate breakfast at 9:00 and my fill was almost 11:30 but I m wondering if i shouldn't have eaten so close to the fill - i know rene says wait two hours but i was full (not stuffed - smile) but i ate a pretty good breakfast.

well, i'll probably need another but we'll see and i'm not giving up. take care and eat slow - good luck. mary

Thanks Mary!! What time were you there? I was there around 10am. I was in and out so fast and I had a girlfriend with me so I forgot to ask. By the time I remembered I was half way home and I said shhhooottt I forgot to ask if Mary's here. How was your fill?

EGGS are one thing that I can't seem to get down. I even made my cream cheese eggs thinking they would be soft enough and NO GO----had a PB. If you do try eggs I would make sure it is in the evening. I am the most open in the evening. I have been too scared to try them again.

Kay :o

Yes that is very very common - look for other things that will satisfy you - if solids are hard can drink a protein shake or thin oatmeal esp after hot coffee or tea. You will just have to experiment but what you describe is pretty common.

Is it hard for anybody else to eat in the daytime? it seems that it is easiest for me to eat after 2pm which is hard because i wake up with my husband at 5 in the morning