getting nervous

My dr just put me on a regular diet on tuesday. His one point that he left me with is to not eat over 4 ounces of protein during a meal. Being me i have tested that and seem to be able to eat much more. I'm not going crazy but am able to eat more than I was expecting to. I am not feeling that feeling of the band telling me to stop. does this mean I need to get a fill? I split a taco salad with a friend and ended up eating all of it without anything stopping me. What should I do?

My dr just put me on a regular diet on tuesday. His one point that he left me with is to not eat over 4 ounces of protein during a meal. Being me i have tested that and seem to be able to eat much more. I'm not going crazy but am able to eat more than I was expecting to. I am not feeling that feeling of the band telling me to stop. does this mean I need to get a fill? I split a taco salad with a friend and ended up eating all of it without anything stopping me. What should I do?

You just got banded recently? The period right after the liquid stage is not meant to lose weight, but to heal your stomach and not stress your band. Call your doctor and find out when you can get your first fill. Also, talk to your dietician and get her help with this.

This will work...

Paula

I had my surgery on july 2. No fills yet. I'm just trying to get used to this thing. I went to see my dr on tuesday and I was expecting him to tell me I could go on to a mushy diet for a week but he took me of restiction and said to make sure I keep my protien to 4 ounces and veggies to 6. i don;'t have an appt with my dr again until aug 17 maybe I will get a fill then. do you think he will do it sooner if I ask him?

Wow lucky you!

I was on a clear liquid diet for a week, two weeks of creamy soups, two weeks of mushy food and today I start solids...I was banded June 10th.

My surgeon here in Canada, put me on this special diet plan to allow time to heal and for the band to make a permanent imprint into my stomach. I would double check with your doctor to ensure eating so soon is okay.

Good luck!

Cathy

I remember Dr. Ortiz saying to me it's not a question of how much we can eat after banded but how little. Try not to test it by overeating more than your Dr. advised to. I'm sure we've all had a period of adjustment after being banded but take it SLOWLY. Take care