How did you guys know how much weight to lose?

I received an email from Dr. Miranda outlining the 3 shakes a day/green veggies regimen for 7 days, but nothing specifically saying "lose X pounds". I hope I'm not missing a key directive here. My BMI is 41. I am doing the 7 day diet, but I didn't know if I should be shooting for a number on the scale, too?

I received an email from Dr. Miranda outlining the 3 shakes a day/green veggies regimen for 7 days, but nothing specifically saying "lose X pounds". I hope I'm not missing a key directive here. My BMI is 41. I am doing the 7 day diet, but I didn't know if I should be shooting for a number on the scale, too?

ClairenCo, Dr.Miranda put me on a slightly different pre-op diet, but I had a set number of pounds I had to loose. I would give her a call and ask her. It helps to know what you are working for, that is for sure. Especially when the cravings start to hit. Good Luck.

Certainly ask her. However, if you follow her diet, you will lose the weight you need to lose. It is not a magic number of pounds, but rather reducing the amount of fat around your stomach and shrinking you liver. That is what is most important, and her diet will accomplish that.

But certainly ask her.

As much as I can. :rolleyes: haha, but seriously, you can figure your BMI out online and calculate what a healthy weight would be...just google BMI. :)

Certainly ask her. However, if you follow her diet, you will lose the weight you need to lose. It is not a magic number of pounds, but rather reducing the amount of fat around your stomach and shrinking you liver. That is what is most important, and her diet will accomplish that.

But certainly ask her.