Day 4 of Post-Op Diet

abuchanan98

Hi everyone

Food:

I got banded July 8th and am on day 4 of the diet. I was thinking about trying campbell's tomatoe soup made with water? Could you please give me some ideas to try for the next few days?

Pain:

I still have muscle pain up in my right shoulder, I think it might be from gas? I have tried a few gas-x pills but they dont seem to work very good! any suggestions, hot tea, coffee, etc work?

Fitness:

I went outside and walked at the park with the family today, it felt good to be outside walking...I recommend everyone do this ;)

I know this is going to be the best life change I have ever done for myself.

Amy

Day four you can begin creamy soups...just use a wand mixer to get rid of any lumps. My fav was cream of borccoli cheese mixed with cream of chicken, add some parmesan cheese and use the wand mixer to get rid of ALL lumps. It did not take long at all. Place in small bowls and microwave for about a minute stirring halfway through. YUMMY.

In regards to the shoulder pain. mine was in my left shoulder and it was from the gas. What I found to be the BEST solution was actually to hold that arm up over my head. If that did not release it immediately, press down on the shoulder with the arm still up. This action general resulted in a massive burp and the pressure/pain was gone for a bit. It worked GREAT.

and of course WALK!!!

Congratulations! You've done the best thing for yourself!

The gas was in my left, too, but if it bubbled up right in you, then same thing, just opposite shoulder.

I needed four things:

a) time (sorry, but after 18 days, I was free of it)

B) a waist nipper, old fashioned corset like thing from JCP that held my muscles in place for me for 10 days.

c) "slantedness" When it hurt like hell, I put my hurting shoulder down and the rest of my body at a 45 degree angle

d) drugs: GasX and Ibuprofen.

It will pass, honest. It hurts, but you'll live no worse for the wear.

I had to stay on clear liquids for the first 7 days, but all doctors are different. Once I started the 2nd week, phase 2, I could have creamy soups and my favorite was creamy potato. There is a recipe for it in the food/recipe section of the forum.

I too had terrible shoulder/neck pain as a result of the gas. It finally subsided after about 2 1/2 weeks! My pain tended to come on at night, so I would get the heating pad in the bed and apply heat for 30 min, then turn it off. I also took pain meds the first week for the pain at night. Once you are cleared to exercise, walking cleared it up for me. I walked a little during the day, but it would always creep back at night. I know it hurts, so hang in there...it will soon disappear. The gas pain for me was worse than the actual surgery!

Denise

• 2 weeks later...
Congratulations! You've done the best thing for yourself!

The gas was in my left, too, but if it bubbled up right in you, then same thing, just opposite shoulder.

I needed four things:

a) time (sorry, but after 18 days, I was free of it)

B) a waist nipper, old fashioned corset like thing from JCP that held my muscles in place for me for 10 days.

c) "slantedness" When it hurt like hell, I put my hurting shoulder down and the rest of my body at a 45 degree angle

d) drugs: GasX and Ibuprofen.

It will pass, honest. It hurts, but you'll live no worse for the wear.

I was banded five days ago. May I ask you a question about the gas pain? I have this sharp, intermittent pain around my left collarbone. It just comes on randomly, lasts only ?few seconds/half a minute and goes away. Keeps happening. It's fairly severe. Is this the gas pain?

I had to stay on clear liquids for the first 7 days, but all doctors are different. Once I started the 2nd week, phase 2, I could have creamy soups and my favorite was creamy potato. There is a recipe for it in the food/recipe section of the forum.

I too had terrible shoulder/neck pain as a result of the gas. It finally subsided after about 2 1/2 weeks! My pain tended to come on at night, so I would get the heating pad in the bed and apply heat for 30 min, then turn it off. I also took pain meds the first week for the pain at night. Once you are cleared to exercise, walking cleared it up for me. I walked a little during the day, but it would always creep back at night. I know it hurts, so hang in there...it will soon disappear. The gas pain for me was worse than the actual surgery!

Denise

I was banded five days ago. May I ask you a question about the gas pain? I have this sharp, intermittent pain around my left collarbone. It just comes on randomly, lasts only ?few seconds/half a minute and goes away. Keeps happening. It's fairly severe. Is this the gas pain?

Probably. Sounds like what I was experiencing in my shoulder, just in a place that's close to your shoulder. GaxX and Phazyme didn't really help that much for me, just time did.

I didn't think of it then, but I think a vibrator might have helped break up the bubbles faster.