Soooo thirsty

You're body is telling you, you need water so the best thing to do is listen to it and drink. It’s difficult to say exactly why, but as you are starting your journey you will be hearing more from your body - it will be telling you it needs protein, water, vitamins, veggies and more - we should get really good at listening to it and looking for signs. (Hair loss, finger nails break easily, bad memory – things that tell use we need to add something to our diet)

Looks like you're in your pre op diet stage so you may be doing a flushing and bodies need water to cleanse- so drink up!

Water is your best friend, not only is it the perfect beverage for your body but while I was in the preop phase if I started to get hungry and it wasn't time for a shake yet I drank a bunch of water and it helped curb my hunger for a little while. I don't know about anyone else but if I don't drink enough water I don't loose. My body needs the water to flush everything out and keep me from retaining water. Good Luck and hang in there. :D

You are probably taking in a lot less salt than your body is used to, so you are excreting the water much faster than you used to and need to replace it.

An added benefit of drinking water I found is that when I think I am really hungry, I will take a drink and my hunger pangs go away for a while. So if I feel like I need a snack desperately, I take a drink instead and often that satisfies me.

Thanks gang, I knew it I came to you I would get answers.

Now, what about crystal lite? Is it ok to add that to the water? If I do does it still count as the 8 glasses of water? Water gets kinda dull after a while for me.

Hugs

Trudy

So what is the right amount of water to drink in a day?

I usually have 3 flavored waters a day and a large protein drink. Plus 1 cup of coffee which I think I am about to quit. It is really starting to make me sick to my stomach 5 minutes after I drink it. But all other fluid I get comes from my foods.

On another post, someone said I am not drinking enough so I am wondering how much I should be drinking. Anyone know?

I've been pacing, mentally, over this all day...

I know it's summer, so I'm probaby worrying over nothing.

But, in case I'm not...and in case you were on diabetes meds, please go get your insulin meds checked.

Extreme thirst is right up there when the diabetes meds are out of whack.

Sorry, and I do hope that

a) I'm worrying over nothing

B) that your meds are out of whack and you simply don't need them anymore. :rolleyes:

I've heard anywhere from 8-8oz glasses to 1 gallon (16-8oz). I think minimum is the 64 oz. If you can fill a gallon milk jug in the morning and drink as much if not all of it by the end of the day, in any form, you're doing great.

I don't think coffee counts though as it is a stimulant but any added flavor to the water like crystal light or the protein water powder packs is OK to count towards you total.

I'm not a diabetic...thank God!!! So that isn`t my problem. It must be that my body needs it. I did have a habit of not drinking for 3-4 days at a time so I am plaing catch up now. Aren`t I terrible

Hugs

Trudy

I'm not a diabetic...thank God!!! So that isn`t my problem. It must be that my body needs it. I did have a habit of not drinking for 3-4 days at a time so I am plaing catch up now. Aren`t I terrible

Hugs

Trudy

Thank heaven! Playing catch up with water sounds like the best and easiest catch up you can do!