Cheating....

Okay, I am on the creamy part of the liquid diet post-op phase. My husband...bless his heart...took the literal word CREAMY to heart. So...in his effort to be supportive he tells me somethings are off limits. Like Tomato soup is okay, but other campbells hand held drinkables that have some soggy parts in them are not. We were at the store yesturday and I was just looking, trying to mix things up, and he said I better not try them. In our post-op instructions it also said O.J. was okay but not the pulp kind. So I got some lemonade which had barely any pulp (it had been strained, but looked like some got threw), and he kindly encouraged me not to drink it. So, what I am wondering is are a few things.

1) If the band is healing in place and is loose, how does your pouch get stretched out? Meaning...the band is not tight creating a pouch yet.

2) So what if I got the Campbells drinkable soups like Clam Chowder, Chicken noodles with stars, etc...Won't those little pieces get flushed down anyway?

I am just getting really board with what my creamy phase, and am looking to mix things up without bending the rules. Anyone have any suggestions? Would love to hear from you!!!

Dianna

Blend any soup you want, as long as you can drink it, it's allowed. Watch the salt though, some soups are really high in sodium.

I took a piece of grilled chicken breast and blended it with cream of broc. soup and it was great! It was totally liquid and I heated it in the microwave. Some other bandsters mentioned those Bullet blenders, they say they're really good.

I don't think that pulp in juice is gonna hurt you, unless it's chunks.

There's alot of swelling in your stomach after surgery, so it takes some time for that to go down. Alot of bandsters have good restriction until they're first fills due to swelling.

Best wishes, Darlene

I did do the creamy capbell's soups. I was told that if I could drink it, I can have it. The pieces in there are not chunky so they are very easy to swallow. Good luck to you. I know how hard it is.

:lb4:

This phase will be over before you know it. I think my trick was that I used fresh homemade soups from

safeway. I don't really like Campbells soups. The tuscan tomato basil bisque was to die for. I never got tired of it. Hope you have this where you live. If so TRY it tomorrow. If not listen to the other replies.

We were supposed to eat soups without the chunky thingies?? Oops. my bad.

For me it was Schlotzky's. They serve a minimum of two different soups each day.

Potato and Bacon was succulent

Corn Chowder had very little chunks except the corn, which caused me no problems at all

Chicken and Wild Rice is to die for (like Julie's Tuscan Tomato Bisque) but it's Chunks-Ahoy

I'd still have the Chicken Noodle because the little noodles chewed wonderfully, and made me feel like i was eating and I would rather chew it than use the blender thingy.

I just blended every soup until it became creamy. sometimes I would have to add water because it was too thick. If it was a creamy texture I ate it. I also used chipotle sauce to spice things up and I would put some cheese in the soup it melted beautifully. Get creative with the flavor and the 21 days just fly by.

I drank the Campbell's Soup at Hand with the tiny things in them like the chicken and stars. I never tried the chunkier ones because I was too scared.

I ate the Campbells Soup at Hand as well hope I havent hurt anything. I think I am starting to lose restriction though.

That's such a sad day when you lose that 1st restriction from surgery. It happens to all of us though. I can't wait for my 1st fill on Thursday!!

:lb4: