Insurance Reimbursement

Can someone explain to me step-by-step how to try to get them to pay for some of my surgery? Thank you!

Hi Kim, I was wondering the same thing. My provider is Anthem blue cross and sheild.

Mine too.... it's my Hubby's. His particular policy doesn't cover weight loss surgery and they turned my claim down. I was wondering if there's any legal way that I can MAKE them reimburse me for at least part of my surgery?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Kim,

does your insurance cover WLS, if it does you will need to call or email the OCC and get a detailed bill, that list everything done, and then it has to have billing codes on there, it will also need the Doctors UPIN # 's and or Tax ID #'s for each doctor that saw you. Then you just have to call your insurance company and ask them if they have a claim form or can you send the info you have collected.

That is where I am right now, I have sent in all my info and then gave them a couple of weeks and called and checked the claim, and of course I have a list of other things to get from the OCC because they did not break down the prices in enough detail. But I am not giving up because my husbands insurance will pay $4000.00 on WLS surgery.