HELP Leaving for Tijuana tomorrow

It doesn't matter how long I have tried to get ready for this, my plane leaves in 10 hours and I still have a few questions. I sure hope someone who has answers gets this soon.

What kind of bag did you take to actually have the surgery? I mean after the first night in the hospital, did you just bring your whole suitcase? It seems a little excessive to me, I just don't know if I should pack a duffle bag also or what.

Does the hotel have an alarm clock or a wake up call? I can't find my travel one, and it is too late to go get a new one now.

How did you find someone when you got off the plane? How do I know who to find my ride?

I am so nervous!!

Thanks, I might have more questions, but I think that is it.

Becki

Why don't you call me at home. I'd be happy to talk to you. Or I can call you too. It's almost 8:30pm for me.

Let me know and you can email me your number at mp6666@hotmail.com

I didn't take anything to the hospital. I just wore loose fitting comfortable clothes.

When I walked down to baggage claim, there was a driver with my name on a board waiting for me. It was funny because my last name is so long it barely fit on the paper. The driver will have ID on his person. It's a badge and that really did a lot to comfort me.

Michele

It doesn't matter how long I have tried to get ready for this, my plane leaves in 10 hours and I still have a few questions. I sure hope someone who has answers gets this soon.

What kind of bag did you take to actually have the surgery? I mean after the first night in the hospital, did you just bring your whole suitcase? It seems a little excessive to me, I just don't know if I should pack a duffle bag also or what.

Does the hotel have an alarm clock or a wake up call? I can't find my travel one, and it is too late to go get a new one now.

How did you find someone when you got off the plane? How do I know who to find my ride?

I am so nervous!!

Thanks, I might have more questions, but I think that is it.

Becki

Hey Becki,

I just returned home this evening at 8:00pm. The hotel does have an alarm clock or you can have them give you a wake up call. If someone is going with you, they will stay the night at the hotel. If you are alone, they will check you out of the hotel and you will need to take your suitcase with you. Then the next morning they will return you to the hotel and check you back in.

I can't believe I had this done. I'm still in a fog. The hospital is clean, the hotel is nice, and the Doctors are really good. The driver is very nice.

Good luck and hope all goes well.

Beth

Why don't you call me at home. I'd be happy to talk to you. Or I can call you too. It's almost 8:30pm for me.

Let me know and you can email me your number at mp6666@hotmail.com

I didn't take anything to the hospital. I just wore loose fitting comfortable clothes.

When I walked down to baggage claim, there was a driver with my name on a board waiting for me. It was funny because my last name is so long it barely fit on the paper. The driver will have ID on his person. It's a badge and that really did a lot to comfort me.

Michele

Hi Michele, I appreciated the information on getting picked up at the airport. I am having surgery on Thursday, flying in Wednesday night. I have another question I could use some help on. How did you handle tipping, with the driver from the clinic, hotel, taxi cab drivers? I am at a loss at what is the normal going rate and would sure appreciate some help on this.

Thanks, Catherine

Hi Michele, I appreciated the information on getting picked up at the airport. I am having surgery on Thursday, flying in Wednesday night. I have another question I could use some help on. How did you handle tipping, with the driver from the clinic, hotel, taxi cab drivers? I am at a loss at what is the normal going rate and would sure appreciate some help on this.

Thanks, Catherine

Hi, Catherine:

I was reading this post and thought I'd give my two cents (so to speak). I used the $1 per bag rule when I went last week for the clinic driver and doorman at the hotel. We tipped the driver when we arrived at the hotel. And, because our room wasn't ready yet, the doorman had to put our luggage in a secure room so we felt obligated to tip when were able to get to our luggage back. Take plenty of singles!

PatU

BRING SINGLES!!! Yes, use the $1 a bag rule unless you are really impressed. My travel and I gave the driver $5.

Here is another tip!.....

Not far from the hotel is a grocery store that you can walk to. Bring your american money because they take it!!!!! It's like no grocery store you've ever seen in america. It's actually really fun to walk around in and see all the different ways the merchandise. Be sure to go to the bakery...it's a trip!

Seriously now....

Go to the grocery store before your surgery and pick up some bottled water, gatorade and juice. Take your one dollar bills so you don't end up with too much change. That way you'll have it ready for you back in your room when you come back from surgery. They have ice there so you have a way to cool it. Just don't buy too much or else you'll have left overs. If you have a surgery travel buddy like I did, they can help with the shopping or having things ready for you when you get back.

Be sure to ask for the surgery special (hahaha) in the little resturant at the hotel. It's ice tea, yummy chicken broth and jello. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Best of luck.

You can email me your number at mp6666@hotmail.com if you want to ask me anything else. I had a great talk with a gal on Saturday night who is getting her surgery TODAY! I hope to share my experience so that others feel comfortable when they go for theirs.

On my way for my first fill in 10 DAYS!

Micheley

Hi, Catherine:

I was reading this post and thought I'd give my two cents (so to speak). I used the $1 per bag rule when I went last week for the clinic driver and doorman at the hotel. We tipped the driver when we arrived at the hotel. And, because our room wasn't ready yet, the doorman had to put our luggage in a secure room so we felt obligated to tip when were able to get to our luggage back. Take plenty of singles!

PatU

I WAITED AND TIPPED THE CLINIC DRIVER WHEN WE GOT BACK TO THE AIRPORT, $20.00

THE BELL CAPS, $2.00 EVERYTIME THEY MOVED MY BAG

CAB DRIVERS $2.00