What am I doing????

OK, I am starting to wonder if I am making the right decision. I have 1 week to go and negative thoughts are creaping in, like...what if I end up with heartburn problems? And what if I find a way around the band and don't loose the weight anyway? I am freeking myself out. Not only that but I gained 2 lbs and am now down only 2 lbs. I have 1 week to loose 9 lbs and the scale is not moving. I have been very faithful to the preop diet. I think I will email Dr. Miranda and see what she says.

Hugs

Trudy

Hey Trudy,

I was in the same boat, I done the pre-op exactly how I was suppose to. And a week out I was 9 lbs off. Talked to Dr. Miranda she told me to do the 3 shakes a day with a salad. And it worked I was suppose to loose 15 before surgery and I got to 14. She was very happy. Also I always had the worst hearthburn and acid reflux and ever since the surgery I have not had to take my Prevacid how cool is that. My cholesterol has also drop and the Doc here is about ready to get me off my Crestor. And the last thing would be my blood pressure meds. So good luck to you my friend.

Email Dr. M, she'll help you out! Everyone has worry's and concerns before surgery, it's OK.

I've only ever had heart burn a few times in my life [sour stuff seems to be the problem] but I've not gotten it since being banded. You can eat around the band, everyone can. You just have to make up your mind that you're not going to do it. I get me second fill on the 29th and hope that I'll be able to eat less. Right now I can eat just about everything and I can eat it quickly. I'm modifying my behavior slower than most, but I'm doing it! :D

You will too, don't worry. Chin up and positive thoughts! ((((HUGS)))) Darlene

Hi Tadpole,

It's absolutely normal to have second thoughts and wonder if....but you can do this. I too have not had heartburn since being banded and used to get it so bad it would make me cough uncontrollably. None since. I also haven't had any night sweats attributed to pre-menopause since starting the pre-op diet and my sciatica is much better. It's worth it!!!

Like the others said, you can eat around the band, but you need to chose not too. It's a total lifestyle change and you must be committed to do it. I was unsure whether I could, I am a junk food junkie...but I am doing it, one month post op and I am doing it!!!

Good luck sweetie!!!

Cathy ;)

I arrived the day before surgery and had only lost 2 of the 10 lbs I was supposed to lose. No problems, they still did the surgery. I am going on 4 weeks post of now and have not had any problems with heartburn. Everyone is different of course. It is normal to have second thoughts, I'm 4 weeks post op and still worry that I'm not going to lose the weight. Make a list of pros and cons if it helps.

You have to make the best decision for you, at the end of the day you are the only person that has to be okay with your choice.

Best of luck!

I am sorry you are having second thoughts.

1. I have had acid reflux since I was 15 yrs old and been on medication since then. The day of the surgery was the first day I had not taken it and gues what? I still have not had one! It cured my reflux!!

2. The band will work. You just have to be determined to work with it. Look at our stats! We are losing!!

3. Talk to Dr. M for sure. She will help you meet your pre-op weight.

Everyone has such great input on this forum. I can't add much to what others have said already except my heartburn advice. I too had it really bad before surgery and then after it's been almost absent. Go figure?

And for the last minute jitters......it's so normal. Don't second guess a decision you made with thought and not emotion.

You'll do the right thing for you.

:lb4:

I feel exactly the same way. Do I really know what I am getting myself into? I just tell myself I have to do this. This is my last resort. If I want to live healthier and longer this has to be my only option at this point except to have gastric bypass and I know that is not an option for me.

You don't talk yourself out of this and I won't talk myself out.

;)

I was taking two nexium a day prior to my surgery, and Dr. Ortiz told me I would never need them again; and I haven't! :)

You will feel so good after having the surgery, you will wish that you had it much sooner. Everything everyone has said here is so true. You will have alot of energy and when you see how happy you can be, with eating such little food, you will not want to cheat the band.

Thank you so much for the support everyone. I guess I was having a weak moment there. The scale was not moving and I felt like I was going to fall apart. Over night I have lost 5 lobs....go figure!!!!!! :wacko: Today is a new day and I am feeling better.

Hugs

Trudy

I feel exactly the same way. Do I really know what I am getting myself into? I just tell myself I have to do this. This is my last resort. If I want to live healthier and longer this has to be my only option at this point except to have gastric bypass and I know that is not an option for me.

You don't talk yourself out of this and I won't talk myself out.

;)

OK Grammy, we are in this together and we will succeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ><'

Hugs

Trudy