Why is protein so freaking nasty!

Jacque~

I bought a couple of those too. They weren't bad at all!

Ok, so I bought theIDS Sports New-Whey 42™ Liquid Protein - Grape flavor. Here are the ingredients. It was wonderful, and oh my god it totally filled me up. Was it suppose to do that? But they are easy to take, only get the grape or fruit punch flavor per the GNC guy.

Calories 176.00

Calories from Fat 0.00

Total Fat 0.00 g 0%

Saturated Fat 0.00 0%

Cholesterol 0.00 g 0%

Sodium 64.00 mg 3%

Potassium 31.00 mg 1%

Total Carbohydrate 2.00 g 1%

Dietary Fiber 0.00 g 0%

Sugars 0.00 g

Protein 42.00 g 84%

Liquidprotein.jpg

These are the ones I use too. I am glad you found them. I have tried the grape and the fruit punch an both are good. When I did the grape, I just mixed with water and it tasted like grape with water. I drink 1/2 of a tube at a time for 21 grams of protein and 88 calories. I use it as part of my mid morning and and afternoon snack.

These are the ones I use too. I am glad you found them. I have tried the grape and the fruit punch an both are good. When I did the grape, I just mixed with water and it tasted like grape with water. I drink 1/2 of a tube at a time for 21 grams of protein and 88 calories. I use it as part of my mid morning and and afternoon snack.

I take it all at once, and used it as my breakfast

Are these good? And do you mix them with water, or are they liquid form?

I'll let you know..... I'll have 3 lbs of the stuff so I guess I'll be using it no matter what! It's the powder so you have to mix it with something. The liquid drinks from GNC were so expensive I just couldn't order them... I should have it by the weekend I think.

Right now I use Any Whey protein with my slim fasts. But I am looking to wean off SF's because they don't keep me full and it's just extra calories and fat.

lol! I didnt even look to see where it was shipped from either.. I am scared to try it because after I ordered it I was reading reviews online about it and everybody was saying how the fruity ones was sooo nasty... I was disappointed at the reviews... But wanted to see if you tried yours yet to see if you like yours... I ordered the apple melon.. I may try it tomorrow for breakfast and see how it taste.. I HAVE to like it cuz I got 3 lbs of it I got to use! LOL!

So I went to GNC yesterday when I got off work and looked for I know 30 minutes over all the protein products they have. I decided on the 100% Whey Protein (unflavored) it has 21 grams of protein and 110 calories, 2 fat grams, and 2 carbs per scoop. Sounded like the right bang for my buck. Well I blended it with my slim fast this morning, so all together that is 31 grams of protein for breakfast. Well I mixed it all together and drank a sip and I about threw up! WHY! Its suppose to be unflavored! UGH! :((

I Agree... YUCK... I have never been able to stomach these things.. powder or premixed shakes.. they are just nasty to me... no matter what the flavor... have you tried drinkable yogurt?? If you're onto food, or when you are, I have a scrambled egg w/ cheese (i'm not a big meat eater) or egg salad to help w/ protein intake.... I also sometimes mix in some canned chicken for chicken/egg salad.......there are also some pretty good protein bars out there just chew them good.... I use them too.... good luck... Merideth :)

P.S... my sister, uses the powder and fruit/yogurt/ice and makes a smoothie in her blender.. she likes it... i still don't but that works for her... she's here too... mona-camille.....

Trina,

I got mine and tried it. I actually don't think it's that bad. I only used 1 scoop and shook it up really good. For 25g of protein I can handle it!!! My husband HATED it though. Guess it's just really individual...Let me know how the melon is!

Karen