My band is talking to me

As some of you know, I got my first fill last Saturday, 4 days ago. I've now got 4.6 cc's in a VG band.

Now I know what restriction feels like! :o

So my band is now talking to me loud and clear! It's teaching me some lessons that I need to learn, but if I don't listen, I'm punished! So here's what it's teaching me.

Band: "Jena, stop eating so fast."

Me: "I know, I know!" (While stuffing food in my face)

Me: "Ugh, I don't feel so good. Why is that little piece of hamburger stuck in my throat?" (Starting to panic)

Band: "I told you so. Listen to me next time!"

Band: "Jena, chew your food until you can't chew it any more."

Me: "I know, I know!" (While chewing my food once or twice then swallowing)

Me: "Ugh! I can feel food passing slowly through my band and it HURTS!!"

My band keeps nagging me and nagging me and it won't shut up! It's the policeman who's always on duty.

There is no slipping up when you have restriction with the band. It forces you to adhere to the rules. It's only been a few days, but I'm learning to look at food and and know if I can eat it comfortably or not. I'm also learning how much I can eat. Eating one bite more than enough will cause quite a bit of discomfort!

So, does anyone else have a talking band?

I only got 1.6or 1.8 in the other band. I have not noticed my band talking yet. I do eat real slow and always have. I would love to have some restriction. Are you only feeling that when you eat to fast and do not chew enough? Or have you felt limits of how much yet? I always stop short of feeling full so I do not hurt myself. I always feel like I am still a little hungry when I leave the table. Altough my stomach is not growling like it use to. I went to roswell ...were did you get your fill?

You crack me up :lol2: but mine does talk too ;)

NO "not chewing enough" NO "swallowing too much at once" NO "eating too much in one sitting" here.

If I do, my band's done talking - but send me straight to jail (bathroom) since I really, really hate to welcome back my food, I learned to listen :D

I went to Roswell too. I am almost NEVER hungry like I used to be. I'm full after only a few bites. I don't even want a little snack.

Yesterday I worked very late, right up to the time I usually eat dinner. Normally I would have stopped an got some fast food. I was a little hungry and I decided to stop and get a little something to tide me over until I could get home and cook dinner. So, I stopped at McDonalds and got a small vanilla cone. It's low fat and has 150 calories, 3.5g of fat and 4g of protein. That lasted me until later that night when I had a cup of spaghetti sauce. I was FULL.

This is a wierd question. When you feel full do you feel happy full or that was not enough but I have to stop full. I am trying to see if I will feel hungry forever or just always have to stop before the I'm happy full.

This is a wierd question. When you feel full do you feel happy full or that was not enough but I have to stop full. I am trying to see if I will feel hungry forever or just always have to stop before the I'm happy full.

When I got the fill on Saturday I was really pissed off that I had to be on warm liquids. I had been eating what I wanted for a few weeks before that. When I started eating food I kept on eating too much but the band would stop me and that pissed me off.

Yesterday I noticed that I'm not hungry anymore and I'm picking things to eat that won't upset my band. Since I'm not hungry I don't really care about the volume I'm eating. I have been eating on smaller dishes though because I sure hate to leave food on my plate!

You crack me up :lol2: but mine does talk too ;)

NO "not chewing enough" NO "swallowing too much at once" NO "eating too much in one sitting" here.

If I do, my band's done talking - but send me straight to jail (bathroom) since I really, really hate to welcome back my food, I learned to listen :D

That's funny! :D I have PB'd once. I ate a few yellow cherries and the skin on them didn't agree with my band. I felt a burp coming on and the next thing you know, I had a lap full of cherry skins! Thank goodness no one was around.

A couple of times I forgot to chew, chew, chew and the only way I can describe the food passing through the band is it is exactly the same sensation as when you swallow tortilla chip without chewing it well and it gets stuck in your throat and eventually makes its way slowly down your throat. UGH!!!

I've found instead of walking around, if I lay on my water bed and kinda make waves it helps me relax and the food go down.

You are too funny!!!

I am so happy the fill is working for you...I can relate to food getting stuck. Last night I had steak and it got stuck, tried to push it down with a little mashed potato, got worse...sipped some water...more water, finally it went down. OMG was it ever scarey!

But I was probably eating too fast and not chewing well enough, lesson learned!!!

Cathy ;)

You are too funny!!!

I am so happy the fill is working for you...I can relate to food getting stuck. Last night I had steak and it got stuck, tried to push it down with a little mashed potato, got worse...sipped some water...more water, finally it went down. OMG was it ever scarey!

But I was probably eating too fast and not chewing well enough, lesson learned!!!

Cathy ;)

Cathy, the first reaction when something gets stuck is to eat or drink something to try and push it on through, but that is NOT what to do! You have to wait it out until the food goes through. As you found out the hard way (as did I) if you add more on top of it it will just come back up.

As some of you know, I got my first fill last Saturday, 4 days ago. I've now got 4.6 cc's in a VG band.

So my band is now talking to me loud and clear! It's teaching me some lessons that I need to learn, but if I don't listen, I'm punished! So here's what it's teaching me.

Me: "Ugh, I don't feel so good. Why is that little piece of hamburger stuck in my throat?" (Starting to panic)

My band keeps nagging me and nagging me and it won't shut up! It's the policeman who's always on duty.

There is no slipping up when you have restriction with the band. It forces you to adhere to the rules. It's only been a few days, but I'm learning to look at food and and know if I can eat it comfortably or not. I'm also learning how much I can eat. Eating one bite more than enough will cause quite a bit of discomfort!

I loved that! Thanks for the morning chuckle and good tips!

Thanks for all this forewarning! I see the Dr today (banded 6/16) to decide when to get my first fill. I know now I stop because i should, not because it stops me-I will try to prep myself for the fill mentally now!

Janet

Cathy, the first reaction when something gets stuck is to eat or drink something to try and push it on through, but that is NOT what to do! You have to wait it out until the food goes through. As you found out the hard way (as did I) if you add more on top of it it will just come back up.

I know whatcha mean...I just couldn't wait and sipping water seems to get it down or burping. I get a panicked look on face and my husband and kids start to freak thinking I'm going to barf at the dinner table.

I will chew better and hopefully it won't happen again.

Cathy

You shouldn't feel hungry. I put the food on my salad plate and eat what's there. I'm not hungry but I'm not stuffed either. I know personally that if I was always hungry after eating that I would start resenting the band and start binging on junk. I find that after a meal I am good for 3hrs at least before I notice the hunger or cravings kicking in. I eat slow most of the time but there are moments where my uncomfortable feeling kicks in but its too late for me to do anything about it because the food is already eaten. I need to work on this.

A great post to read first thing in the morning.... I couldn't agree more with all of you. The description of the "tortilla chip" couldn't be more precise. It's definitely an uncomfortable feeling. The very first time I had something "stuck" I quickly got on the forum because I was hurting for a good 45 min. WillT quickly advised me to take a really small sip of water. That did it, it went down. I felt sore inside for a few hours later, but so much better. I am finding as well that since my fill, I have had to learn to start taking the really small bites and to chew, chew, chew, because before my fill, I had let all that slack just a bit, and was able to get away with it. Not any more.

GREAT POST!!

LMAO! You are so funny!

Yes, my band never shuts up! Haha Some people name their band too. I haven't named min yet, but I am trying to think of a good name.