7-11 Slurpees are all carbonated

Guest marys

I just got the official word back from 7-11 headquarters and Here it is....major bummer but my bandster friend tried one and was in agony from the carbonation...

Our apologies for not getting back to you sooner. In regards to your

question pertaining to Slurpee being carbonated the answer is yes. All

Slurpee across the United States is carbonated.

Please let me know if I can assist with anything else.

Thanks.

WOW, LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY, THANKS MARY

I just got the official word back from 7-11 headquarters and Here it is....major bummer but my bandster friend tried one and was in agony from the carbonation...

Our apologies for not getting back to you sooner. In regards to your

question pertaining to Slurpee being carbonated the answer is yes. All

Slurpee across the United States is carbonated.

Please let me know if I can assist with anything else.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

From Wikepedia

Machines to make frozen beverages were invented by a Dairy Queen franchise owner Omar Knedlik in the late 1950s. The machine mixes a syrup that is carbonated, flavored, sweetened, in a partially frozen and pressurized rolling tumbler, resulting in tiny specks of ice suspended in sugar and bubbles of gas (the same result can be achieved by partially freezing a bottle of soda; if approximately half the bottle is frozen, the frozen portion will have the consistency of a Slurpee). By constantly mixing the mixture in a Slurpee machine, the water is unable to separate from the sugar and carbonation and thus only tiny pieces of ice can form. Machines in this category are referred to by the industry as Frozen Carbonated Beverage (FCB) devices, and 7-11 currently sources their equipment from supplier FBD and previously from suppliers IMI Cornelius and the Taylor Company.

• 1 year later...