colon cleansing

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used a product called "Bowtrol" and have had wonderful success with it. You can find it online. It's expensive which precludes me from using it now. Hope this helps.

I just purchased Lisa's sister's recommendation. We'll see how it goes!

Kristy

Me Too!! I'm doing the two month cleanse with the toxin cleanse as well. Hopefully I'll be so disgusted with what comes out that I'll pay more attention to what goes in!

• 2 weeks later...

I never had luck with the colon cleanses but I actually take DIATOMACEOUS EARTH (FOOD GRADE) It can actually be used as dewormers for animals too. I also use it around the outside of the house for bug control. I am not recommending this as I am not a doctor but this is what both myself and my husband use. Do some research you might be suprised on what you find. It doesn't give you any cramping or immediate bathroom rush so no need to stay home.....it works over time and I just mix it in with my shake in the mornings. You can buy it at any feed store or order it online.

Here some website to get your research started:

http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/defaq.html

http://www.diatomitecanada.com/fossil-shel...ceous-earth.htm

Again... I am not a doctor just letting you know what I use and what I like and it is not as nasty tasting as some of the over the counter cleanses.

Anybody start this yet? I'm interested to hear how it goes.....!!

I got the product, but I'm going to wait until spring break to try it because I'm scared of pooing at school so, but be rest assured I will post if anything interesting is produced from the colonix/toxin out experience. :)

But I'm curious if anyone has started as well? Is there cramping? Running to the bathroom?

I got the product, but I'm going to wait until spring break to try it because I'm scared of pooing at school so, but be rest assured I will post if anything interesting is produced from the colonix/toxin out experience. :)

But I'm curious if anyone has started as well? Is there cramping? Running to the bathroom?

I got mine in the mail. I want to start it... but, I'm nervous about drinking the powder drink because I gag when I drink protein drinks. I might brave it and start my cleanse tomorrow.

Kristy

I have been doing thing Colonix only since Jan 10th. It's very gentle. No bathroom issues or weirdness. The stuff is gross, you just have to chug it. The night tea is not bad. I have had regular not freaky BMs the whole time, maybe just more quantity than normal. Some gas too once in a while. But I never had to run to the bathroom from day one....................... I might do the second month too when my first is up.

I have been doing thing Colonix only since Jan 10th. It's very gentle. No bathroom issues or weirdness. The stuff is gross, you just have to chug it. The night tea is not bad. I have had regular not freaky BMs the whole time, maybe just more quantity than normal. Some gas too once in a while. But I never had to run to the bathroom from day one....................... I might do the second month too when my first is up.

Yeah, I figured the stuff is pretty gross. I'm going to bite the bullet and start tomorrow.

Kristy

• 2 weeks later...

DUAL-ACTION CLEANSE (as seen on TV infomercial)

Well, goodness gracious, I really didn't think this would work for some reason...like a few other TV 'miracles', etc. But I saw it at WalMart and just then decided to do it. What I like the best is that it is an "all pill" program and nothing to drink. I have a problem with smell and taste of the unknown drinks and I, myself, couldn't try some of the programs that were posted on this thread.

It's a 30 program like many others and you take 2 pills in the morning and 2 pills in the afternoon and that is it. If you read the MANY natural ingredients, you would understand the smell, which is not bad at all. To me, I just wanted to take them for I knew it was good for me. You take them with food, or like what I did, after my meal. So, far it's my 4th day and I am telling you, I go twice a day and it feels great to have back my BM daily! I don't have the runs, nor constipation...just a normal amount of BM. I have noticed a difference in color (which I am sure is the toxin from my inside).

I notice I sleep good, don't have the bloatness, and I don't feel dehydrated, as I naturally want to drink throughout the day. So far, this is a good thing. I will keep you all posted as I progress with this in the coming weeks.

Hey gang--

The cleanse that Lisa described sounds a lot like the cleanse that is used to help eliminate gall stones.

http://www.curezone.com/cleanse/liver/huldas_recipe.asp

I have done it and you would be amazed at what you have stored up in you! Doing these cleanses also helps with other ailments, like clearing up facial breakouts and improving your immunity, just to name a few. I had right shoulder pain that I thought I got from getting too aggressive on a machine at Curves. I did this "flush" and the pain went away within a week.

Also, for the problem of not being able to "go", try using a probiotic daily (I use one, a capsule form from Garden of Life brand called "Primal Defense ULTRA"). They come in many forms (tablet, powder, capsule) and are a relatively inexpensive way to start getting regular bowel movements started again. In addition, a natural supplement called "casgara sagrada" will also gently help get things going. Again, if you happen to be prone to facial breakouts, try treating your digestive tract with this combination. It has helped me greatly and now I try never to run out of either of these. This from a notorious "once a week whether I need to or not" number two-er. (My husband's profound assessment -- haha)

Diana

I got the stuff on ebay including the toxin capsules. The toxin capsule got stuck and was stuck from 10 am until the following morning. It was horrible. I tried everything to get it up or down. I have never had trouble with any pills or capsules and up to that day had never had food stuck either. I put one of the capsules in hot liquid and saw the problem. It floats and takes forever to dissolve. I will never try to take another!! Perhaps others here will not have a problem with them, but I just wanted to share my experience because I would not want anyone to go through what I did with that capsule!! I only used the colon cleansing stuff once. I didn't really like drinking it. I'm not sure what it would be best to mix it with. I think I would prefer the cleansing pills I had that were taken morning and night for a week.

Hey Karen,

I started my cleanse this morning. I was just wondering... do you blend your drink in a blender? This morning I just mixed it by shaking it, but I read that it is more effetive if you use a blender. Not sure why. But, wanted to see what you were doing.

Thanks, Kristy

I got the stuff on ebay including the toxin capsules. The toxin capsule got stuck and was stuck from 10 am until the following morning. It was horrible. I tried everything to get it up or down. I have never had trouble with any pills or capsules and up to that day had never had food stuck either. I put one of the capsules in hot liquid and saw the problem. It floats and takes forever to dissolve. I will never try to take another!! Perhaps others here will not have a problem with them, but I just wanted to share my experience because I would not want anyone to go through what I did with that capsule!! I only used the colon cleansing stuff once. I didn't really like drinking it. I'm not sure what it would be best to mix it with. I think I would prefer the cleansing pills I had that were taken morning and night for a week.

Oh, I hear you on the capsules! The trick to taking capsules, where banded or not, is to first take a small drink to wet your throat otherwise, the plastic coating of the capsules would just 'stick' to your slightly wet throat wall. Then take the capsules and then continue to drink to ensure the capsule have past your esophagus area.

Hope this helps...

Hey Karen,

I started my cleanse this morning. I was just wondering... do you blend your drink in a blender? This morning I just mixed it by shaking it, but I read that it is more effetive if you use a blender. Not sure why. But, wanted to see what you were doing.

Thanks, Kristy

Hey Kristy,

No I just mixed it with a spoon in water. It was awful but I did get used to it. Good luck!

Hey Kristy,

No I just mixed it with a spoon in water. It was awful but I did get used to it. Good luck!

Thanks Karen! That's what I've been doing. It's not nearly as awful as I had made it in my mind... I wish I would have started it a month ago! I do think I'm going to do it for the three months... I just hate that it's so expensive for both the Colon and Toxin programs together. But, I'm sure that it'll be worth it!

Kristy

Thanks Karen! That's what I've been doing. It's not nearly as awful as I had made it in my mind... I wish I would have started it a month ago! I do think I'm going to do it for the three months... I just hate that it's so expensive for both the Colon and Toxin programs together. But, I'm sure that it'll be worth it!

Kristy

What does it actually taste like?

It's hard to explain. I can't really describe the bedtime tea because I'm not a tea drinker and have nothing to compare it to. I'm sitting here sipping my cup of tea as I write. But, it has a very mild taste... not really a flavor at all. The powder that you mix in the water in the mornings... well, it doesn't have a good flavor but it's not horrible either. It's a little "gritty" with a herb taste to it. But, to me the flavor and smell of one of the capsules is much stronger. The bedtime tea... I put it in only one cup of water. The morning drink... I put it in only six ounces of water. Both relatively small amounts and easy to get down. I have huge texture/taste issues and protein drinks for me are far worse than this cleanse. I just finished day two and I'm already happy with the results that I'm experiencing. It's a very gentle program. Hope this helps.

Kristy

It's hard to explain. I can't really describe the bedtime tea because I'm not a tea drinker and have nothing to compare it to. I'm sitting here sipping my cup of tea as I write. But, it has a very mild taste... not really a flavor at all. The powder that you mix in the water in the mornings... well, it doesn't have a good flavor but it's not horrible either. It's a little "gritty" with a herb taste to it. But, to me the flavor and smell of one of the capsules is much stronger. The bedtime tea... I put it in only one cup of water. The morning drink... I put it in only six ounces of water. Both relatively small amounts and easy to get down. I have huge texture/taste issues and protein drinks for me are far worse than this cleanse. I just finished day two and I'm already happy with the results that I'm experiencing. It's a very gentle program. Hope this helps.

Kristy

Thanks for the info. That is one of the reason why I decided to take the pill form program, as I, too have the texture/taste issue. Let me know how you are doing with this program. I've done almost a week and it's amazing already for me. I've lost 3 lbs so far...

Thanks for the info. That is one of the reason why I decided to take the pill form program, as I, too have the texture/taste issue. Let me know how you are doing with this program. I've done almost a week and it's amazing already for me. I've lost 3 lbs so far...

I'll keep you posted! I went to Wal-Mart the other night to buy the program that you are on because I was so scared of the morning drink and the evening tea. I had it in my cart and was finishing up my shopping. I ended up putting it back on the shelf because I had already spent the money on the cleanse that has been sitting in boxes on my kitchen counter. I just wish I had the courage to open the boxes up a month ago and give it a shot. I'm so glad that your cleanse is going well. Had I not bought my cleanse already... I would have tried yours. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to do this one for the suggested three months.

Kristy

I'll keep you posted! I went to Wal-Mart the other night to buy the program that you are on because I was so scared of the morning drink and the evening tea. I had it in my cart and was finishing up my shopping. I ended up putting it back on the shelf because I had already spent the money on the cleanse that has been sitting in boxes on my kitchen counter. I just wish I had the courage to open the boxes up a month ago and give it a shot. I'm so glad that your cleanse is going well. Had I not bought my cleanse already... I would have tried yours. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to do this one for the suggested three months.

Kristy

GOOD LUCK with it Kristy and if it is tolerable, continue with it and keep us posted for the learning experience. If not, can you return it for your money back? Interesting to see that it's a 3 month program though. The Dual-Action Cleanse program is only for one month and if you want to do it again, you need to wait a month and then do it. It's amazing how each colon cleanse product is different for each person. Wishing you lots of good 'roto rooter' plumbing! LOL... ;)