transportation

HI, i will be arriving in SAN on sept 5 at 12:30pm, will anyone like to split the transportation cost with me or have any information on low cost transportation from SAN airport into mexico for filling.

Man, I'm going down on the 4th and was looking for a buddy!

As for low cost, there is another post floating around here with very specific directions, but best is to take the bus from the airport to the trolley stop (the bus driver can tell you where it is, but it's by America Plaza). From there, you will see signs saying "Tijuana" - go stand by one! The trolley will have a sign on it saying the color of the trolley line and that it is going to Tijana. Hop on it and go to the end of the line. From there you can walk across the border and hop a cab to the clinic - just hand the guy the directions and ask how much. From the other post, I've heard it's about $5. The bus is $2.25 or $2.50 and you should be able to get a transfer pass to the trolley as long as you transfer within 2 hours.

If you have any questions, ask the bus driver or even someone waiting for the trolley. We are all pretty friendly folk down here in San Diego and happy to help.

Also, you can go to www.sdcommute.com for more info on the bus and trolley numbers and fairs.

Hi all,

Tomorrow I leave for San Diego with my first fill scheduled for Wednesday. I think I know how to get to Tijuana from the airport. What we are doing is renting a car for the day and spending the day in San Diego tomorrow and then return the car early Wednesday and head down to Tijuana for my fill. My fill is scheduled at 10:00am. Does anyone know how long it might take to get to the OC from the airport? Also my flight leaves at 5:30pm that day so do you think I will have enough time to get back? Do you go back the same way you come? It is kinda late for this post since I am leaving tomorrow but I would appreciate any feedback if anyone has any and has already gone down to have their fills done. I am just trying to figure out how to get back to the airport and if 6 hours is enough time to get back. Thanks all and continue success in your weight loss adventures.

Deb

I've been told to give myself 2 hours. The airport is in downtown san diego. Acording to the website (www.sdcommute.com) it will take anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half to get from there to the border as you will have to take a bus to the trolley and then the trolley all the way south.

It's also faster to walk back across from MX to the US if you can, rather then go in a taxi. You can hop into the trolley on the other side and head back to the airport.

Hi all,

Tomorrow I leave for San Diego with my first fill scheduled for Wednesday. I think I know how to get to Tijuana from the airport. What we are doing is renting a car for the day and spending the day in San Diego tomorrow and then return the car early Wednesday and head down to Tijuana for my fill. My fill is scheduled at 10:00am. Does anyone know how long it might take to get to the OC from the airport? Also my flight leaves at 5:30pm that day so do you think I will have enough time to get back? Do you go back the same way you come? It is kinda late for this post since I am leaving tomorrow but I would appreciate any feedback if anyone has any and has already gone down to have their fills done. I am just trying to figure out how to get back to the airport and if 6 hours is enough time to get back. Thanks all and continue success in your weight loss adventures.

Deb

I've been told to give myself 2 hours. The airport is in downtown san diego. Acording to the website (www.sdcommute.com) it will take anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half to get from there to the border as you will have to take a bus to the trolley and then the trolley all the way south.

It's also faster to walk back across from MX to the US if you can, rather then go in a taxi. You can hop into the trolley on the other side and head back to the airport.

Hey guys just a heads up it is not always quicker to walk across. It is the middle of the week so you should be ok either way. just remember that this is the last weekend of summer for people and a holiday weekend so plan for all of that as you make your arrangements. good luck c