New to the group...

Hi All!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Miriam and live in Indiana. I like many of you out there have battled with my health insurance just to be denied several times and am now looking to go to Mexico to have the procedure. So here I am, scared and excited and can't wait to be banded!

Miriam

Hi All!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Miriam and live in Indiana. I like many of you out there have battled with my health insurance just to be denied several times and am now looking to go to Mexico to have the procedure. So here I am, scared and excited and can't wait to be banded!

Miriam

WELCOME MIRIAM!!!

WHEN IS YOUR SURGERY DATE?

Hi All!

Miriam

Hi....My name is Laura and I live in Texas and had my surgery in March and was looking for a support group...It looks like you all are pretty active at it....All I wanted to say to Miriam is that if you look to have it done in Mexico....please, please get some referrels....my doctor had mentioned to me that going to Mexico would make a nice vacation and there are some good people down there but he heard of one that a port was put in but no lap band...yikes....I didn't even mention Mexico to him....Good luck with what you decide...so far I am happy I've had it done....

WELCOME MIRIAM!!!

WHEN IS YOUR SURGERY DATE?

Hi Pammie!

I don't have a date just yet - I am waiting for a reply from Lori:) I had to wait for funds to become available - I found them and now I'm ready to go!

(I wish I was leaving tomorrow) :lol:

Hi....My name is Laura and I live in Texas and had my surgery in March and was looking for a support group...It looks like you all are pretty active at it....All I wanted to say to Miriam is that if you look to have it done in Mexico....please, please get some referrels....my doctor had mentioned to me that going to Mexico would make a nice vacation and there are some good people down there but he heard of one that a port was put in but no lap band...yikes....I didn't even mention Mexico to him....Good luck with what you decide...so far I am happy I've had it done....

Hi Laura!

I have read a lot of horror stories about Dr's preforming bariatric surgery in Mexico. I have researched Dr. Ortiz for the last few months as I was keeping the idea of mexico in my back pocket until I ran out of appeals with my insurance company. Initially I was terrified to even think about going to Mexico but after talking with people, reading forums like this one and then reading his book I am sold.

Keep reading the forum. It's a wealth of knowledge and a great place for friends.

Ask us anything. We love to talk about our lap bands!

Michele from Seattle, WA

Hi Cleo!

Thanks so much. I am hoping that once I get my date I can find someone that will be there at the same time. I will be flying solo unfortunatly but still very excited. I've been to Tijuana several times (party trips, shopping but never for medical) so I am looking forward to going there with the pace moving a little slower.

LET US KNOW WHEN YOUR SURGERY IS. THERE'S A GREAT POSSIBILITY ONE OF US WILL BE THERE FOR A FILL :)

I'LL BUMP UP PICTURES I TOOK WHEN I WAS DOWN THERE. I'VE GOTTEN A LOT OF EMAILS FROM PEOPLE THAT DIDN'T REALIZE IT WAS THAT NICE DOWN THERE. HECK, I DIDN'T LOL

Hi Pammie!

I don't have a date just yet - I am waiting for a reply from Lori:) I had to wait for funds to become available - I found them and now I'm ready to go!

(I wish I was leaving tomorrow) :lol:

Hi Laura!

I have read a lot of horror stories about Dr's preforming bariatric surgery in Mexico. I have researched Dr. Ortiz for the last few months as I was keeping the idea of mexico in my back pocket until I ran out of appeals with my insurance company. Initially I was terrified to even think about going to Mexico but after talking with people, reading forums like this one and then reading his book I am sold.

Hi Cleo!

Thanks so much. I am hoping that once I get my date I can find someone that will be there at the same time. I will be flying solo unfortunatly but still very excited. I've been to Tijuana several times (party trips, shopping but never for medical) so I am looking forward to going there with the pace moving a little slower.

Hi Miriam....Good luck on getting your surgery....to the whole support group...looks like you provide alot of good info...I'll keep checking you out and ask questions as they come up....Thanks alot! Laura

LET US KNOW WHEN YOUR SURGERY IS. THERE'S A GREAT POSSIBILITY ONE OF US WILL BE THERE FOR A FILL :)

I'LL BUMP UP PICTURES I TOOK WHEN I WAS DOWN THERE. I'VE GOTTEN A LOT OF EMAILS FROM PEOPLE THAT DIDN'T REALIZE IT WAS THAT NICE DOWN THERE. HECK, I DIDN'T LOL

I have a date! I will be arriving Sept 26th and surgery Sept 27th. I am so excited!