Starting Solids/Scared/Phentermine and the rest!

:mellow: Ok I am starting solids on Tuesday. I have lost a total of 18 lbs with pre-op diet and 6 post op.. It is 18 lbs TOTAL since June 12th.. So I assume it will start coming off better now right? I have been using soups with the shakes together. I plan to have a 1200 cal diet and exercise daily.

I am a little confused and concerned as I have seen some that are using phentermine,, becareful girls that is how I got so heavy using drugs like that!! They aren't good for you and are hell on your heart!! Stop them and you'll gain it back and more!!

Please a if anyone has any input on the bigger band let me know,, I would love to hear from you... Thanks Lisa

No one is using Phentermine, those glitter stars that say "I lost X lbs" are from a Phentermine website, we are just using them because we dig sparkly things!

When I posted the directions on how to add a glitter star (posted here: http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showtopic=5571 ) I did it so that link and Phentermine words wouldn't show up but some went through that website and the link and wording is included.

I thought that was the case. I cringe when I see the phentermine words next to the stars. Yes I too used this POISEN to lose weight. Made me crazy, literally!. I not only lost weight but lost my first husband too because of the effects it had on me mentally. I did crazy things I would have never done if I wasn't on it. Bad news and really it's not worth it. Of course I gained all the weight back and more to get me where I am today. If anyone is reading this and is considering using this please DON'T. I'd be happy to talk to anyone about my experience. Anyway I know we bandsters are not using it but just in case there is anyone reading this for information prior to banding or another weight loss attempt.

I thought that was the case. I cringe when I see the phentermine words next to the stars. Yes I too used this POISEN to lose weight. Made me crazy, literally!. I not only lost weight but lost my first husband too because of the effects it had on me mentally. I did crazy things I would have never done if I wasn't on it. Bad news and really it's not worth it. Of course I gained all the weight back and more to get me where I am today. If anyone is reading this and is considering using this please DON'T. I'd be happy to talk to anyone about my experience. Anyway I know we bandsters are not using it but just in case there is anyone reading this for information prior to banding or another weight loss attempt.

Wow, that sounds wicked, I have never used diet pills, I have heard so many negative things about the side effects. Glad to hear that you are no longer taking them and are back to your wonderful self!!!

Cathy

I too wondered about seeing the phentermine by the glitter stars. I didn't know what that was all about.

I was on the phen-phen cocktail for 3 years and did lose weight. I also lost my memory along with it. No heart problems, just a serious memory problem that has lasted even til today. I am always forgetting things I've said or done. It causes me a lot of problems too. Especially at work. I work in Insurance and my job is kind of complicated. I have to know all of the insurance laws for all of the states and they are all different. So work is hard but my friends help me when I need it.

Did anyone else that went to a Fill Center USA have the doctor try and push phentermine? That blew me away!

No way!!!! He should be slapped silly. We have the tool all we need is time. He must have stock in it or is friends with the drug rep and gets kickbacks....which happens all the time you know.

Did anyone else that went to a Fill Center USA have the doctor try and push phentermine? That blew me away!

ONE OF THE LOCAL BAND DR GIVES YOU A RX FOR PHENTERMINE WHEN BANDED OR IF YOU USE HIM AS A FILL DR

Ok that scares me! I was addicted to that crap for years... The last batch I ordered ofFthe internet cost

me $500.00 and it came from India, I think. I'm not even sure what was in them but It wasn't phentermine.

Just for a breif moment when I saw that a Dr. well give you a perscription for some, I got a little happy, thinking

wow I'm going to find him... Then I came to my senses, I don't need it!!!! With the help of the band I have been

able to lose 30 pounds without it. (first time in a long time) I always thought I needed my "legal speed" to lose

weight, I had to have an ekg before I even got to the clinic to make sure there was no permanent damage.

thank god there wasn't. And another at the clinic, again that one came back fine. So I figure the band was gods way of

helping me without meds...

sorry I went on and on.. but phentermine was a big part of my life for so long, and one that will be gone FOREVER!!!

Hey Yo..Was on mine since 1988 on and off and caused a lot of problems for me too... I call it the Barracuda-Devil Drug... It is awful!! I worked for a WL Dr. back then and that was the rage at the tme... Ironic how it all ended up.. glad to hear that you have lost weight after your journey with it.. I am newly banded and very premenstral so I am in a doubty mood rght now but this is the right thing!! ROCK ON PEOPLE!! We are so empowered by having the band and our HEADS BACK!! #-o

I was on phentermine from October until the end of March and was able to lose 38 pounds. I did not have any problems. Usually the first day or 2, I would feel like my heart was racing, then it all went away. I loved it. I got banded on April 3rd, so now relying on the band to help me.

No problem, I love meeting bandsters whenever I can!! IF you ever make it to Las Vegas let me know and we can do lunch!!

Sounds good.. My Brother lives in Henderson as do my in laws so beware it could be sooner then you think.. HA HA!! XO Lisa :wacko:

When I went to get my first fill at a Fill Centers USA doctor, he suggested using phentermine after the first year. I was SHOCKED!!! I didn't even know that was legal anymore. Well, he explained that for the first year after having the band, all of the food cravings go away and then do come right back. He said that the phentermine would help the cravings and keep the weight off. Anyway, I did not love that fill doc but don't have too many other options. I am thinking about driving a few hours to the lady doc in Pocatello, Idaho because of my fill experience. It was not the greatest!!! He numbed my stomach and then stuck this great big long needle in and had me hold onto it. He said there are different lengths of needles but he just sticks with one size to keep it simple. Well, I had to hold it as it was hanging out of my stomach quite far and it was bleeding and it was gross. I kept getting dizzy and lightheaded and had to keep laying on the floor(all the while holding the stupid needle in place.) This went on for quite a long time. I had to keep moving around with that stupid needle. From what I have read on others fill posts, it doesn't seem like others had the same kind of experience as I did. Well, I am not normally whimpy like that, but holding that needle in there was totally grossing me out and making me sick to my stomach. Besides, I hadn't eaten for hours and hours and it was hot and at the end of the day. I am scheduling my next fill in the morning for sure and maybe even with a different doc. I really wanted to love my fill doc, but that was not the case at all!!!

I guess we'll see what happens.

OMG, sounds like that guy needs to be reported to someone, that just wasn't right,

there is now way you should have had to do any of that.. What was he doing while

you were holding onto the needle, once the needle is in they put the saline in and

that should be it.. Please start a new post, and warn others so they don't use that dr.