Different Kinds of Restriction

I'm wondering how to tell if I have enough restriction.

I have had 2 fills and now have 2cc in my 4cc band. The first week after the 2nd fill, I was VERY full all the time. Now I can pretty much still eat whatever I want, and will feel full, but feel like I can still eat too much. Not as much as before, but definitely not only 1/3 as much. I"m scared to get a 3rd fill so soon (3 months post op) because I have alot of weight to lose. But I'm also worried that I'm not close to my sweet spot because I've never PB'd or even come close to vomitting. Is that something I should be experiencing? I'm certainly not losing very fast and will lose 3 and gain 2, lose 4 and gain 3. UGH!

Thanks guys!

The ups and down are normal for weight loss. It won't be a straight line. The amount you should shoot for is down 2 or 3 pounds in a week. If you're making that, who cares what you're eating!! If you're not making that then it's time to either adjust what you're eating or get a fill. If you need a fill, you need a fill. Arguing with yourself won't get you anywhere. Pb'ing is not a sign of sufficient restriction and should be avoided at all costs.

Great advice from clynn!

It made me realize I really need a fill! I have only lost 4 lbs in the last month. Talk about frustrating!

Great advice from clynn!

It made me realize I really need a fill! I have only lost 4 lbs in the last month. Talk about frustrating!

4 lbs in a month is pretty good, don't you think? My dr. told me to expect between 1-2 lbs per week. Did you experience better weight loss in the months previously? If so, how much? I am newly banded and trying to get a feel for reality as opposed to what they tell you in the dr.'s office.... ;)

Thanks! I'm really at the same point I was at my first fill in terms of weight loss. About 4 lbs fluctuating each way w/out any real movement. It's been two weeks since 2nd fill, I may wait and then have a smidge more put in. I know it's a tool but let's face it, the point is for it to slow us from being ABLE to overeat in the first place (at one sitting). I feel like I'm able to eat too much.

I appreciate the advice.