First Fill Without Fluoscopy?

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced what I'm about to experience.

I was banded on June 10, 2008 by Dr. Ortiz, but have since found a lap band doctor up here in Calgary, Alberta who said he would do my fills for me for $100.00.

Apparently he's quite experienced, but I just found out that he does the fills in his office and doesn't use Fluoroscopy (or however it's spelled). I was told he just puts a pillow under your back, feels around for the port and then injects saline into the band after that.

Has anyone out there had a first fill done without Fluoroscopy? I'm scheduled to have my first fill done with him this Thursday.

- Janet.

I got my first fill last month and they did not use fluoroscopy. It was at the northwest fill center, in Arlington WA.

They only use it if you think you have a problem or they can't locate your port. I just layed down and they

poked the needle in (after finding the port) and I was done in less than five minutes. And I have restriction so

they must of got it right. They have a very good reputation.

I had mine done in Colorado this past Friday. They did the pillow thing too. But did not leave the needle in while I drank, I guess I was going to have what she gave me, no more or no less (unless she would have to poke me again)

I got 1.2 CC and don't feel restriction yet...I hate having to go another whole month...I want to be out of bandster hell. I have lost only one pound in the last month.

All of my fills have been done without fluoro. My Dr. makes me lay down and raise my legs up. It doesn't hurt at all and he always hits my port.

Barb, I also had my fill in Colorado withut Fluro. Where did you go? I went to Dr. Singh and he does them either way but $200 more with Fluro. He did a good job, did have to poke around a little for port but then gave me fluid and let me decide when I was full enough. I got 2.4 but wish I had asked for more. I will be going to him again and no doubt going without fluro because it was quite easy and painless.

Hi, I had my band done here in the states and have had 3 fills, none of which were done via fluoroscopy (spelling?). My Doctor does it in his office exactly as you described and it hasn't been a big deal, as long as he finds the port, which, shouldn't be a problem... you can feel them... i can feel mine anyway. It's no worse then drawing blood. You should be ok...

good luck !! Merideth :)

My Doctor never uses fluro unless you request it and it costs more...I've had two fills and No problems...takes him all of 2 seconds to find my port! No problems!! Good luck! :D

I got my first fill last month and they did not use fluoroscopy. It was at the northwest fill center, in Arlington WA.

They only use it if you think you have a problem or they can't locate your port. I just layed down and they

poked the needle in (after finding the port) and I was done in less than five minutes. And I have restriction so

they must of got it right. They have a very good reputation.

Thanks for taking the time to write. I'm sure it'll be O.K. now. I feel much better.

Thanks again.

- Janet

I had my first fill a few days ago, and just laid down and got the injection-no big deal, and works great!!

janet

Thanks, Janet, for writing back. I feel better now.

- Janet (as well)

I had mine done in Colorado this past Friday. They did the pillow thing too. But did not leave the needle in while I drank, I guess I was going to have what she gave me, no more or no less (unless she would have to poke me again)

I got 1.2 CC and don't feel restriction yet...I hate having to go another whole month...I want to be out of bandster hell. I have lost only one pound in the last month.

Thanks, PrairieGirlBarb, for writing. I've heard it takes a few fills before they get it right. It sounds like that's the case with you. I feel for you. Hope you feel better soon.

Take care.

- Janet.

All of my fills have been done without fluoro. My Dr. makes me lay down and raise my legs up. It doesn't hurt at all and he always hits my port.

Thanks for your words of wisdom. I feel better now that I know there is someone else who has a fill without Fluo.

Your little friend in your signature picture looks absolutely adorable. I have three little guys myself and they are all just the best.

Thanks for writing back.

- Janet.

Hi, I had my band done here in the states and have had 3 fills, none of which were done via fluoroscopy (spelling?). My Doctor does it in his office exactly as you described and it hasn't been a big deal, as long as he finds the port, which, shouldn't be a problem... you can feel them... i can feel mine anyway. It's no worse then drawing blood. You should be ok...

good luck !! Merideth :)

Thanks, Merideth, for writing. It really helped.

- Janet.

My Doctor never uses fluro unless you request it and it costs more...I've had two fills and No problems...takes him all of 2 seconds to find my port! No problems!! Good luck! :D

Thanks, Mistyband. I sounds like it's quite painless and no big deal afterall. Thanks for letting me know about your experience.

- Janet.