new banded

:rolleyes: My lap band surgery was July 22 of this year since I lost 63 pound, dont

take diabetes pill or high blood pression pills. My dress size went from 26-28 to 18.

I'm able to walk, dance,shooping thing that I was not able to do for a long time.

I will recomend this surgery to anyone with obesity problem this change my life and I'm very happy, if I can help you dont hesite to answer me

My insurance does not cover the procedure yet. Most insurance companies if any will NOT cover the surgery in Mexico. It all depends on what insurance you have. My cost in April 2004 was 8995.00 with Dr. Ortiz

Check out this site

www.lap-band.com and click on the affordability button at the top of the page that will help with insurnace questions.

Hi, I will be banded on Nov 23 and the price is 9500 not including your airfare if your flying in to San Diego. If researched and Dr.Ortiz is not the cheapest in Mexico but to me he is one of the most experience and I am willing to pay for that experience. Also having it done in MX as a selfpay is cheaper than having it done in the states. My insurance wouldn't cover it and I didn't meet the requirements to have it done in the states. If you are self pay it could cost you in the states any where from 15000 to 22000 way out of my pocket. GOOD LUCK in whatever you decide to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I was banded by Dr. Martinez on Wed. 11/17/04 @ Sanoviv Health resort. The surgery went well. The cost was 10,200.00 which included 4 nights at Sanoviv, health tests (physical and mental), vegan meals and vitamins. I don't have any complaints other than being sore. I have five incisions - 1 between my breasts, 1 slightly below my left breast, one on my left side and two in my stomach area. All the areas are slightly bruised (purple) and sore - but especially the port area. It is swollen. I'm wondering how long before the swelling goes down?

Can you feel the band itself? I can push on it - and have trouble sleeping on my left side.

I do feel gassy and queasy. And I'm having a hard time sticking to fluids only.

Cindy every thing you are feeling is normal.. Sleeping on your side is difficult for the first 2-3 weeks but it will change. The gassy and queasy is normal too..Congratulations on your band. My swelling took about 3 weeks..everyone is different. are you pushing on the band or your port? The port is on the left side..I could feel my port but not my band. Good Luck to you