Filet Mignon

I am not sure if those of you in the U.S. have M & M Meat Shops but they are all over in Canada. They have most delicious filet mignon wrapped in bacon. They are only 200 calories and are just the right size for us.

If you have a chance to try them, they are yummy!!!

I ate one and a few green beans and I was full...restriction without a fill is amazing!!!

I'm now beginning week 4 of the full liquids phase.

Two weeks pre-op, one week post-op completed.

I.

Want.

Steak.

*growl*

Sorry Bragman, I guess was a bit insensative of those struggling right now...but in just two short weeks, you can have steak!!!!

Sorry Bragman, I guess was a bit insensative of those struggling right now...but in just two short weeks, you can have steak!!!!

Heh, no problem hon. I've actually found an interesting way to simulate meat n' potatoes... I used some high quality beef broth to make these instant mashed potatoes, added in a little shredded cheddar cheese & a dusting of garlic & onion powders, and lo n' behold, it tastes like shepherd's pie!

It'll tide me over 'til I can have the real thing.

Besides, my actual craving for these past three weeks hasn't been steak... it's been fried chicken.

Bigtime.

Heh, no problem hon. I've actually found an interesting way to simulate meat n' potatoes... I used some high quality beef broth to make these instant mashed potatoes, added in a little shredded cheddar cheese & a dusting of garlic & onion powders, and lo n' behold, it tastes like shepherd's pie!

It'll tide me over 'til I can have the real thing.

Besides, my actual craving for these past three weeks hasn't been steak... it's been fried chicken.

Bigtime.

Actually your mash potato concoction sounds not bad! Chicken yes, fried no. Be careful with fried foods, especially early on, they may not agree with you, now that you have been away from fatty foods for awhile.

Have you tried Cream of Potato Soup mixed w/ 1/2 can of Cream of Cheddar...add a little spice (garlic and herb) and yummmmy!! I lived on it that for almost two weeks and still have some once in awhile. It's really good!!!

Take care

Actually your mash potato concoction sounds not bad! Chicken yes, fried no. Be careful with fried foods, especially early on, they may not agree with you, now that you have been away from fatty foods for awhile.

Have you tried Cream of Potato Soup mixed w/ 1/2 can of Cream of Cheddar...add a little spice (garlic and herb) and yummmmy!! I lived on it that for almost two weeks and still have some once in awhile. It's really good!!!

Take care

Are these the condensed soups from Campbells? That sounds really high fat... I may be making my own cream of potato soup sometime this week (from scratch, it's infinitely better!), but I might just try this as a good stop-gap measure! :-)

I like the Cambell's Soup at hand Velvety Potato,

Calories 160

Sodium 870mg

Total Fat 7g

Total Carb. 21g

Sat. Fat 1g

Dietary Fiber 4g

Cholesterol <5mg

Sugars 5g

Protein 2g

I haven't tried that one yet, but I'm rather partial to their cream of chicken. The Campbell's Select Parmesan Tomato is really quite good too.