FREAKING OUT!!!!

I totally can not stick to this preopt diet. Everyday I start off good til I get home, then blow it. I have very low energy and I am hungry all the time. I am getting over 50 gram of protein. How did you do it? My surgery is next Friday and I am terrified about the preopt and post opt diet.

I also tried dry chewing some moist, roasted chicken just to see what it is like. I was gagging....... :o

You have to make your mind up that this is what you want. The Pre-Op diet is just the beginning of a long road ahead that will depend on your willpower. The band is there to help us, however I still have to use willpower everyday of my life.

You can do this. Wake up tomorrow and tell yourself you are ready to lose this weight and be healthy for your family. Good luck! Stay strong!

Every time you find yourself eating something you shouldn't tell yourself to put it down and remind yourself that you need to be successful for yourself, your son, and the children you want to have in the future!

It's hard, no doubt about it, but it's worth it...you'll struggle, but you will also be successful.

The pre-op diet prepares you for the lifestyle change and prepares your body for surgery.

Keep in mind that the surgeon needs you to reduce your liver so that your surgery goes successfully...if you don't there could be trouble. If they can't move your liver during the laproscopic procedure, they may need to open you up completely...and you don't want that!!!

You can do this! When you feel hungry, go for a walk or a drive. Distraction works!!

Good Luck!!

You decided to have this surgery for your health every time you put something in your mouth that you know you shouldn't think of the pills you take for blood pressure, and then look at your child, then try to imagine what another child would look like. You are on a new road to eating correctly, you can do this. We all will stray once in a while but we have the choice of whether to continue on a distructive path, or go back to the new path. You will succeed! Good Luck!

The Metamucil capsules really worked to curb the cravings for me....I guess it would make me feel like I ate something or was just full of ____! I would also go to sleep earlier as I am a night grazer. It helped to keep my hands busy and I spent a lot of time on the computer to keep out of the kitchen. Walking a lot helps, but I was in the middle of a northwest winter so it was always wet and cold. It is hard, but well worth it in the long run and will prepare you for the tough times ahead (about 4 weeks after your surgery and before your first fill) That time was the toughest for me.