Rewarding Yourself

Rewarding yourself makes the journey a positive one.

For every 10 lbs I lose, I buy myself some jewellery (costume) or a pair of shoes. I am a shopaholic and it's been really tough not buying clothes right now.

Do you reward yourself? Do it, even if it's putting aside $20 towards a tropical vacation or going to the movies with friends.

We all deserve a reward for our efforts!!!!

I like to reward myself with a manicure and pedicure, or a new outfit that is a size smaller!

I wanted to reward myself with some ice cream (my biggest weakness), but my wife wouldn't let me. I told her I would even take one of the sample cones that they always give my dogs at the frozen custard place. Still no dice. Man, if I saw a kid walking down the street right now eating ice cream, I jack that kid's cone and shoot it straight into my veins at this point. No, I guess I'll just have to settle for some sugar free jello.

I wanted to reward myself with some ice cream (my biggest weakness), but my wife wouldn't let me. I told her I would even take one of the sample cones that they always give my dogs at the frozen custard place. Still no dice. Man, if I saw a kid walking down the street right now eating ice cream, I jack that kid's cone and shoot it straight into my veins at this point. No, I guess I'll just have to settle for some sugar free jello.

Sugar free jello or how about pudding. I know what you mean about the ice cream, so I have a fudgsicle. You make me laugh!

Guest sdejong

Oh my gosh, try putting it in the freezer for a few hours... It is like eating the best chocolate ice cream... I even use the sugar free chocolate (50calories) and I put a 1/2 scope of unflavored Protein powder (50calories) in it. Oh my gosh, I'm going to go make one now... Yum...

shy

Rewarding yourself makes the journey a positive one.

For every 10 lbs I lose, I buy myself some jewellery (costume) or a pair of shoes. I am a shopaholic and it's been really tough not buying clothes right now.

Do you reward yourself? Do it, even if it's putting aside $20 towards a tropical vacation or going to the movies with friends.

We all deserve a reward for our efforts!!!!

I have been wondering what to do as a reward. I am almost to a total weight loss of 50 lbs. I told myself I would treat myself to something when I got to 50 lbs. I thought a mani / pedi would be nice, or maybe a new workout outfit. I am so sick of my old workout clothes. My pants are hanging off of my butt, and I would love to get something new, but don't want to spend the money. I am in a 1x now after hitting an all time high of 3x which is really nice. Like most women, I have clothes in every size but sizes 18 - 24 seem to be the majority of my stuff. I am now in a solid 20 and leaning more towards an 18 every day... I am going to have to think about this a bit more so I can come up with something good. Maybe new makeup?

Oh my gosh, try putting it in the freezer for a few hours... It is like eating the best chocolate ice cream... I even use the sugar free chocolate (50calories) and I put a 1/2 scope of unflavored Protein powder (50calories) in it. Oh my gosh, I'm going to go make one now... Yum...

shy

Oh man! I never thought to do that! I am going to have to try that tonight... I put my key lime yogurt in the freezer and then eat it and call it "key lime pie" (yep - southern girl all the way), but I hadn't thought about the pudding... Yummo....

Guest sdejong

Another really cool thing to do for yourself when you have started to loose weight is what my sister and I did for my mom. We took her to Walmart and filled a shopping cart with about 120lbs of sugar (she was down 120lbs). We had her push it around the store and she couldn't believe how much weight she had been carrying around now that she was down. She didn't want to push if for more than one isle it was just too much. It really helped her see how much she had lost. When I was on weight Watchers I did the same with 40lbs and it was still amazing to see how 40lbs really was....

I agree with rewarding yourself.... My sister and I just talked about this yesterday....

Shy

I love the shopping cart full of sugar idea!! What a great visual and mental reminder of where we've been.

I too am planning on 10 pound litlte "rewards" for myself. My first mini-goal of getting under 200 which is about 30 more pounds I am going to really treat myself and get my eyebrows permanently tattoo'd on, again. I had it done about 10 years ago and the pigment is all gone. I loved it when I had it because my eyebrows are very weird and have areas that grow no hair. So that's my first big "treat" when I reach 199!!